Chris Bober...passed on visiting Buffalo

LabattBlue

Bober was the starting center last year with the NYG coached by McNally. Many here including me had hopes that Bober would sign here as a UFA and become the new center. I don't believed he even made a visit here instead choosing to sign with KC. Guess what....KC has the best OL in football and he is not starting. Is it all about the money or do you think he regrets not signing with a team where he would have been a starter?

I'm sure there were a lot of factors. First of all, and probably the biggest thing, Bober is from KC. Second of all, I believe he wanted to play tackle rather than center, and the Chefs signed him to play tackle. Third was probably money, since he got a good deal from the Chefs, that the Bills could easily have matched, but probably didn't want to give.

I too wonder whether he wishes he came to Buffalo and was their starting center (assuming the Bills let Teague go before paying him that $2M roster bonus or whatever it was) rather than a backup? Oh well, in any case, Teague has been playing well.