How about the Cincinnati 2011 Draft and Dalton?

simpleman

It amazes me that so many downplay Dalton's proven accomplishments on a team that was at about the same level as the Bills last year. This year, as a rookie, Dalton led his team from that level last year to the playoffs. He played in the Pro Bowl his rookie year. Fritz has been in the league 6 years and how many times as he led a team to the playoffs? How many times has he been to and played well in a Pro Bowl? Yes, Dalton will probably never be a Peyton or a Brady. But he has the potential to take a team to the Superbowl. Fritz has had 6 years and has shown exactly what his potential is. Fritz is an older fading player with a weak arm and poor accuracy downfield. Dalton is young and can improve his strength and skills. How can you possibly compare the two. I think that if you went around the league and asked the teams that need a QB to choose one of the two as their QB, almost everyone would choose Dalton. I can't believe anyone would want to stand pat with a competent backup class QB, over a rising star with a proven record and the potential upside of a QB like Dalton.

Granted we might not choose a Dalton in the draft, but if we don't start taking chances, we never will draft a QB. When do you ever see us having a chance of drafting a QB with the potential of an RG3 or a Luck? I don't see that in our near future, so we need to start taking our chances now on a higher level QB that at least will give us a shot at the Super Bowl in the near future.

I'd like to give a shout out to John From Hemet, who said in February of 2011:

Andy Dalton is the guy I want if we are going to take a QB.......if for no other reason Fitz is a gutsy QB who takes chances running the ball.......

If he goes down at this point....we're dead

Link

Edited by Astrobot

He isn't gifted talent wise. His arm is good enough to make all the throws but not the strongest. He's fairly athletic but not overly. I don't see anything in his game that suggests he will be a top ten QB. Perhaps you've seen something in his skill set?

Middle of the road is fine but the OP suggests Dalton makes us super bowl contenders which isn't true. Dalton is a fine starter and can win you some games, but he will never be in the class of Brady or Brees

Then again, comparing them to two future HOFers isn't fair either.

Ok Maybe I should have used different qbs... is he really in the class of Rivers or Schaub?

He could be a Schaub, but probably not Rivers. Im just nit picking because I think he can be real good.

It's funny because I kinda see a little Brees in him. He's got the weapons with Gresham and Green so it should be interesting. Cincy isn't too consistent so I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a step back this year unless their D keeps in up.

He could be a Schaub, but probably not Rivers. Im just nit picking because I think he can be real good.

It's funny because I kinda see a little Brees in him. He's got the weapons with Gresham and Green so it should be interesting. Cincy isn't too consistent so I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a step back this year unless their D keeps in up.

He walked into a pretty good team. People forget Cinci was the AFC North champ two years ago. Everything fell off the year after but they still had good talent.

And Schaub is a lot better than people think. Houston very well could have been playing this weekend if Schaub was healthy