is mularky our 1st rookie winning head coach?/

JAMIEBUF12

was just curious? where does mike stand as far as being a rookie head coach for the bills.has any coach ever came in and had a winning season his first year,and if so were they a rookie coach?

179469[/snapback]

Phillips had a winning record his first year here. But I guess he wasnt considered a rookie since he had been a head coach before. Lets looks at the Bills history page...

Phillips had a winning record his first year here.  But I guess he wasnt considered a rookie since he had been a head coach before.  Lets looks at the Bills history page...

179493[/snapback]

Then it would have to be Saban and Collier... Were they HC's in Professional football before they took the job with the Bills?

Then it would have to be Saban and Collier... Were they HC's in Professional football before they took the job with the Bills?

179503[/snapback]

Believe it or not, Lou Saban coached the hated Patriots before coaching the Bills.

179503[/snapback]

Saban coached the Patriots in 60-61, Collier's first head coaching job was the Bills in 66.

Knox came in at 5-11 in 1978, but he coached the Rams before obviously. Kay Stephenson was 8-8 in his first year here, we all know what happened after that, haha.

Levy was 7-8 in 1987, of course he coached in KC before that.

Wade was 10-6 in 1998, and of course GW was 3-13 in 2001.

I got this info from Profootballreference.com http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/bufindex.htm

very very cool website that I use all the time.