Screw The Defense In Round One

I could not have been further from this thought a few weeks ago but wow, after seeing some of the top NFL wideouts break games open and now these top college WRs today, I think they can ratchet up the O and go after D in rounds 2, 3 and FA.

The ONLY way we say screw defense in the first round is if a LT or a WR falls to us....It ain't happening.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's known to be a VERY hard worker as well...

For the record Jeffery declared today... B-)

Yep.

I thought he was about 6'3" tall until it was pointed out to me that Oklahoma State has him listed at 6'1" and 215 pounds… which didn't seem consistent with his video.

Maybe those were his dimensions when he arrived as a freshman.

Regardless, the PFT story announcing his declaring for the draft has him at 6'4" and 229 pounds… virtually Megatron size and the same height but heavier than AJ Green… FWIW.

Alshon Jeffrey may he staring us in the face at pick number 10

I think picks 1-4 end up being Luck, Kalil, Trent Richardson, Blackmon in some order similar to that. RG3, Floyd, Claiborne, Kirkpatrick, Reiff, Coples are the next 6. One might have a bad combine or bad senior bowl, but RG3 and Claiborne won't be there at #10. So one of those six won't be picked, so your BPA choice at #10 could be:

Reiff OT - guy replaced Bulaga and Hawkeye line kept ticking

Adams OT - seen as an even pick 'em with Reiff right now

Martin OT - see a pattern here?

Kirkpatrick CB

Upshaw OLB

Mercilus OLB

WR who is #5 on the list

We have Alshon Jeffery at #5 right now among WR's, with 3 close at his heels. There are 7 teams that have WR as a P1 or P2 need, but four of those teams are before our pick: St. Louis, Minnesota, Jacksonville, and Carolina. Look at the #5-7 WR's (and rising WR's) and you'll know who the WR will be that we could pick. Remember that Ralph said we needed to get Fitz some players to throw to.

Edited by Astrobot