johnson,flynn and dixon

jcbillsfan

Flynn had a good game against the Pats (much like Trent did in his first-ever start), but looked bad the week before when he played the majority of the game against the Lions. How good he is is really unknown, but for a reasonable contract, I'd bring him aboard.

Never saw Edwards run around and make dynamic downfield throws Flynn did. Don't see the stylistic comparison at all.

Never saw Edwards run around and make dynamic downfield throws Flynn did. Don't see the stylistic comparison at all.

The Bills fell in love with RJ based on one "dynamic" game. That's what I'm getting at: Flynn is completely unknown. But what do you think Flynn should be offered for a contract?

The Bills fell in love with RJ based on one "dynamic" game. That's what I'm getting at: Flynn is completely unknown. But what do you think Flynn should be offered for a contract?

First you cite Edwards now you're onto Johnson. What's the conclusion: because we've made poor draft and FA choices in the past we should never go for a QB again? The league is about taking chances until you get it right. I can't answer how much Id offer because I'm not a GM and i don't know the FA market. But if his arm strength checks out, in the abstract I'd be willing to exercise our option to get out of fitz contract before next season and give it to Flynn. That also assumes we can't land a big name QB in the draft which is highly unlikely now with barkley not declaring. I just don't see us going anywhere with fitz and his lack of arm strength

First you cite Edwards now you're onto Johnson. What's the conclusion: because we've made poor draft and FA choices in the past we should never go for a QB again? The league is about taking chances until you get it right. I can't answer how much Id offer because I'm not a GM and i don't know the FA market. But if his arm strength checks out, in the abstract I'd be willing to exercise our option to get out of fitz contract before next season and give it to Flynn. That also assumes we can't land a big name QB in the draft which is highly unlikely now with barkley not declaring. I just don't see us going anywhere with fitz and his lack of arm strength

Fitz has shown that he can win games. Flynn hasn't even won a game yet. If they could bring Flynn in for what Thigpen is making, I'd jump on that in a second. The problem is, he might be looking for starter's money. Is he worth it? Will he live up to it? Hard to say based on 1 game that he didn't even win.