Fitzpatrick's Contract

And the part about being in a pass-happy offense when the team has a beaten up quarterback, injuries at wide receiver, offensive line, and has a sieve-like defense?

I'll repeat myself if you like. these are challenges not burdons. To a true competitor, it is a test of mettle to fight back with everything you have. Even if you fail, you enhance your prospects of future success. To someone willing to acquiesce to failure, these are burdens. I know that it is difficult to digest this season, I've been constipated since the last Jets game, but Fitz owns much of the offensive woes. As a leader of men, if he has issue with the play-calling, blocking, effort, then he has 6 days every week to impose his will behind closed doors. 6 x 7 = 42. That's 42 days to be part of the solution. His mechanics are visibly worse every week. There are plays to be made that he just can't make the throw. Excuses won't change that nor will they earn you a playoff birth.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to believe that there is something physically wrong with Fitzpatrick. He has played like a man with a concussion and a bum arm, and seems to get worse every week.

You mean Trent Edwards is back in Buffalo!

He is failing, because his coach will not run a balanced offense, doesn't have a OL that can protect and give him time to throw and the weather is poor.

I'll repeat myself if you like. these are challenges not burdons. To a true competitor, it is a test of mettle to fight back with everything you have. Even if you fail, you enhance your prospects of future success. To someone willing to acquiesce to failure, these are burdens. I know that it is difficult to digest this season, I've been constipated since the last Jets game, but Fitz owns much of the offensive woes. As a leader of men, if he has issue with the play-calling, blocking, effort, then he has 6 days every week to impose his will behind closed doors. 6 x 7 = 42. That's 42 days to be part of the solution. His mechanics are visibly worse every week. There are plays to be made that he just can't make the throw. Excuses won't change that nor will they earn you a playoff birth.

Got it.

It's all on the QB and the rest of the organization is blameless for the bad offensive performance.

Look. No one is saying that Fitz is playing well because he's not.

But your crusade would have more legitimacy if you didn't put all of the blame for the offensive woes on the quarterback alone.

I get that you're publicly lobbying public opinion against him. That's clear. I doubt that will have any effect on the Bills decision makers but carry on by all means.