The Bills should hire Mike Mayock

jocap55

I agree with promoting Whaley, but as far as Parcells or Dungy coming to Buffalo, the Bills last General Manager and Head Coach search proved the state of franchise is too toxic for most NFL Personnel.

I said to hire someone like them as a consultant (for most likely only a few months).

I'm fully aware that Buffalo is not going to get any "big name" person to take over the operations for any sort of extended period of time.

I said to hire someone like them as a consultant (for most likely only a few months).

I'm fully aware that Buffalo is not going to get any "big name" person to take over the operations for any sort of extended period of time.

I know what you meant, I still do not see any "big name" personnel coming to the Bills for any length of time.

Just have to get this off my chest - I'm a lurker here, rarely post. I've been a die-hard Bills fan since I saw Jack Kemp come off the bench replacing Tom Flores to beat the Jets.

I know football and I love the draft - two things the Bills suck at.

I just want to say this - HIRE MIKE MAYOCK TO RUN OUR DRAFT

I am so sick of missing and watching other teams pick gems. Look at a guy like T.J Yates - 5th round pick

4/1/11: Mike Mayock is a fan of T.J. Yates. "There's a quiet buzz out there about T.J. Yates as a late-round pick. He's a good, safe, late-round quarterback." Yates completed an amazing 110 of 112 passes at North Carolina's Pro Day.

I swear I don't know if I can take anymore.

Honestly, they could just buy a draft magazine the day of the draft, and just go by their charts. They would do just as well/better than they have for decades. They are wasting money on their whole scouting staff. Just send the coaches to the combine/player days to meet the guys, weed out the guys they don't like, and buy a magazine.

I'm not being sarcastic, I mean it.

Mike Mayock liked C.J. Spiller in 2010. Here's a couple of samples:

"Spiller is a difference maker,'' said NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock. "He's going to be one of the impact players from this draft class."

"I think the way you have to look at C.J. Spiller in today's NFL is that he is a playmaker," says Mayock. "I look at C.J. Spiller and I say I don't really care who you have on your roster at the running back position. You can call him (Spiller) anything you want. But he's got three-phase production. You can play him at tailback … split him out wide … put him in the slot, and he also can return kicks and punts."

He also had him in his final mock of 2010 going to the Bills. If he had been hired instead of Nix, the results, at least for the 1st round picks, probably would have been the same.

Knock Mayock all you want, but he would be better than our current staff altogether. Hell, I could do better with cable television, Walterfootball, and some youtube clips. The OP is right - we need a HUGE improvement in this department. I would also like to get some good coaches who can develope and get the most out of these players.

Edited by Thoner7

After firing Tom Modrak in April the Bills hired Chuck Cook as Director of College Scouting and Tom Gibbons as Director of Pro Personnel.

This comes one year after hiring Doug Whaley as Assistant GM/Director of Player Personnel and Darrell Moody as National Scout.

Since hiring Buddy Nix less than two years ago, the Bills have substantially revamped their scouting department (please remember that Tom Modrak and John Guy were here FOREVER) and have brought in a number of experienced and respected personnel men in the very recent term.

Departing from facts for a moment, IMO most informed Bills fans would say that the 2010 draft is not looking that great at the moment but that the 2011 draft looks pretty promising.

Feel free to call me a homer…

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan