Lets draft 5 linebackers

maddenboy

Maybe we can instead draft five WRs and replace our tackles and guards with them lined up a yard behind the line. Imagine the gameplanning for 9 receivers running around. We'd for sure be set at one position then.

Come to think of it, that would be a wet dream for Gailey.

By week 3, 8 of the 9 would be on IR!

2012: Build a dominant Linebacker corps. Just focus on one unit at a time. We're running a 3-4. Lets draft 5 linebackers next year. I am serious about that.

2013: Build a dominant offensive line by drafting LT and RT first and second. Our interior line is already okay.

2014: Build a dominant WR/TE corps and get me a QB.

During this time, we will have drafted some okay players in the later rounds that will have stepped up (CB, DE, RB). Now,

2015: Draft a couple "need" players, now that you actually know what you "need" to make a deep run in the playoffs. Right now, we draft what we "need" to have a shot at .500 football.

Listen. 2015 is coming. One day, we will wake up and it will be 2015. When it comes, we can either have some dominant units, or we can be rebuilding again. Stop drafting a guy here, and a guy there. Have a clear vision and plan to Dominate and Dictate.

And how exactly can we stay $20 milliion under the cap with a roster full of stud players? Have you no thought for the profitability of this business franchise?

While I don't like the idea of just fixing one position in one draft, here you go, drafting 5 LB's:

1-Whitney Mercilus OLB34 Illinois - Better stats, motor, and motivation than Upshaw

2-Devon Still DE34 Penn State -would have been Manti T'eo, but said he's going back to school yesterday

3-Lavonte David OLB43 Nebraska - He could play 3-4 as well as kill it in a 4-3

4-Devin Taylor OLB34 South Carolina - Can also play DE

4-Kellen Moore QB Boise State - Accurate and savvy, a student of the game

5-Jarius Wright WR Arkansas - Speedy receiver to stretch the field

6-Jonathan Massaquoi OLB34 Troy

7-D'Angelo McCray DT34 Memphis

Aaaaaaaah. Now THIS draft get me in the mood.

All thanks to Astrobot, who already knows this, but it cant be said enough times. You are so necessary to the intelligent discourse on this board. I dont know what we would do without your input. Most (all?) of us are waaaaay too lazy to actually look stuff up.

Thank you sir. I would be in heaven if your draft came to pass.

As much as I would love for this to happen, it is one of the dumbest posts I've seen since I have been on this board. One of the great draft debates has always been "need" vs "best player available". If our first 5 picks were "LBs just happening to be best players available" I would be all for it. Unfortunately the odds of that are one in a million.

SOMEBODY PLEASE EDUCATE OUR FANBASE.

Buffalo takes pride in having a knowledgeable fan base. Unfortunately, posts like these will ruin that reputaion.

What's wrong with "Best Linebacker available?"

You chose to switch to a 3-4, which requires many linebackers. You have about 1 or 2. You know that linebackers are what makes a 3-4 go.

So how about COMMITTING to getting some?