[closed]Now I finally get it...

Tolstoy

I guess I really didn't understand the hype about him until I read this article from the Wall Street Journal today (below). Now I finally understand why people so deeply and passionately support him. Only a real cynic can dislike this guy--he has IMO the hint of human greatness about him (and that greatness has very little to do with football, and more about having a big heart, strong character, and devotion).

My apologies to the moderators--I didn't want the WSJ article to get buried in a 30 page thread, which is why I started a new one (feel free to shut this down).

Here it is, a real eye opener for me: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203413304577084770973155282.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_RIGHTTopCarousel_1

Great story Tolstoy, I am a huge fan of the young man. Can he live up to his reputation as a follower of Christ? Who knows, but lets all remember he is human, who will make mistakes along the way. But I believe he has a strong foundation in his beliefs that will carry him through long after his playing days are over. We need more HUMAN beings like Mr. Tebow and less like the thugs we all seem to glorify.

Glorify - smorify. I like Tebow, too, and it doesn't have anything to do with Christianity. I like a person who has strong beliefs, regardless of what they may be - it's called conviction, and having the strength to back up what you believe in.

I really believe Football, at it's heart, is a game of Conviction. I think you've got to have an Identity, as a team, you've got to believe in an approach to practice, to style, and you've got to, as players, represent that belief, that conviction - and that shows up on the field as heart. Heart, Toughness, Style - we can look back on great teams that represented these virtues, made up of great players who embodied these traits. Those are heroes, rolemodels, and they don't have to be Christian, but they have to do what they say, and do a lot more than say, at that.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.