(OT)Did anyone go to school/play football with

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad Maynard, who plays with the Chicago Bears now was my roommate in college.  Awesome punter in college.  Keith McKenzie, who played briefly here with the Bills, lived right across the hall from us.

177674[/snapback]

Maynard is my madden punter, he's pretty solid

and wtf is the "majic" rule?

Maynard is my madden punter, he's pretty solid

and wtf is the "majic" rule?

177805[/snapback]

I will try a clearification.

What happened was he was he threw a TD pass and his body was past the line of srimmage but, the ball wasn't. After that... I am sure they clearified the rules...

Anybody else out there that can explain it better?

...The Bears and Packers even shared some history as part of an instant-replay controversy in 1989.

In their first meeting that season, Chicago led Green Bay 13-7 with 41 seconds to play. The Packers faced fourth down on the Bears' 14-yard line.

Green Bay quarterback Don Majkowski scrambled out of the pocket, and as he approached the line of scrimmage, fired an apparent touchdown pass to wide receiver Sterling Sharpe.

Majkowski was penalized for being beyond the line of scrimmage when he threw the pass to Sharpe, but the call was reversed by the replay official, giving Green Bay a 14-13 victory.

Ditka and the Bears' management were so angry that they ordered their pubic relations department to place an asterisk by the score of the game in the media guide, signifying that it was an "instant-replay game." ...

....also went to the same High School as Charlie Ward (Heisman Trophy Winner in '94, currently plays in the NBA-His dad was my History Teacher), Myron Guyton (Giants) and Jesse Small (Eagles). This was Central (Thomas County) High School in Thomasville, GA. A breeding ground for athletes....