(OT) Turning the Tables

TSNBDSC

... guess the local media ( who ripped the Bills during thier lousy start - and well deserved i might add ) don't like it when the "tables are turned" a bit ( Mike Williams / Bryany McKinnie ) ... Chad Pennington doing the same to the NY Media ... you have to be able to take what you dish out ... don't be so thin skinned and take things so personally ( like your family was disrespected ) ... that being said, GO BILLS !!! ... COWBELL BABY !!!

... guess the local media ( who ripped the Bills during thier lousy start - and well deserved i might add ) don't like it when the "tables are turned" a bit ( Mike Williams / Bryany McKinnie ) ... Chad Pennington doing the same to the NY Media ... you have to be able to take what you dish out ... don't be so thin skinned and take things so personally ( like your family was disrespected ) ... that being said, GO BILLS !!! ... COWBELL BABY !!!

177183[/snapback]

I never understood why it's "OK" for the media to put down players but when players put down the media it's not.

The media is nothing more than a bunch of self proclaimed "experts" who really know nothing more than we do. They just can say it better. Except for Jaws. I respect the man over anyone in the "media".

Arrogance is bliss.  The media is getting what they deserve.

177200[/snapback]

I sent him this e-mail.

Bucky,

When the sports writers were ripping Mike Williams, were they being petty?

When they were saying the Bills should have taken McKinnie, was it ill timed?

Someone at one Bills drive was trying to make a point, and from your response, I think they hit their mark.

Merry Christmas

:lol:

I sent him this e-mail.

Bucky,

When the sports writers were ripping Mike Williams, were they being petty?

When they were saying the Bills should have taken McKinnie, was it ill timed?

Someone at one Bills drive was trying to make a point, and from your response, I think they hit their mark.

Merry Christmas

:lol:

177219[/snapback]

I'm quite curious as to what his response will be. Keep us informed! :angry:

:D

177219[/snapback]

What was the point and does it have anything to do with the guy who lead all NFL RT's in sacks allowed last season?

:doh:

Nothing like sniffing at a playoff spot in ONLY year #4 of a re-build, on ONLY your second head coach, after ONLY acquiring a bunch of veteran free agents with playoff experience, to buoy the self confidence of the architect. Or did TD just get some enzyte for Christmas? Imagine if the Bills actually MAKE the playoffs again some day!

PLAYofffs! :P

I'm quite curious as to what his response will be.  Keep us informed!  ;)

177269[/snapback]

Gary,

I don't find it petty when the No. 1 draft pick shows up overweight, skips practice and collects a hefty paycheck. We get paid to point that stuff out. It's news. It's also news when the former No. 1 pick improves drastically in a span of a few months, which has been pointed out several times. Has the odd person suggested the Bills should have taken McKinnie? Yes. The Bills should be above outlining flaws of a player on another team. It's simply not the way teams should do business, especially when they've missed the playoffs for four straight seasons.

Can sportswriters be petty? Definitely. I don't think this was the case. This is more the Bills going out of their way, at another player's expense, to justify their decision. They would have shown much more class by outlining all the things Williams has done well and said they were thrilled about their decision -- without bringing McKinnie into the picture. Instead, they said nothing.

Now, on to other stuff. My next-door neighbor is from Hornell. His name is Shawn O'Rourke. He's a great guy, has a great family. Does it ring a bell?

All the best and happy holidays,

Bucky

Typical, just doing our job crap.

I responded with:

Bucky,

All they left for you to read was something that was written in the papers, it's not like they went out in a PC and said it, if you hadn't written the article, nobody outside One Bills drive would have known any of this.

Gary

PS

Shawn's brother Aaron was in my wedding.