It's all about the draft

vegas55

But, he did draft Donovan McNabb back in the days when they looked at drawings on cave walls instead of college film...

Oh man!!! That made me :lol:

I'm a bit obsessed with The Draft...So that explains why I was thinking about this on my way in to work this AM... 0:)

The NFL is SUCH a tough-guy league...It's a league that often proves too tough for Players who have been playing football their entire lives and dominating most of that time...It's more than a mans league...Outside of the UFC it may be the most physically challenging sport to play when you consider the trenches or the front 7 on Defense for example...

So how in the name of whatever God you believe in do you Draft Aaron Maybin before Brian Orakpo to play DE/OLB in the NFL?...Orakpo said before the Draft..."I'm Brian Orakpo...A Beast, a Monster, a Freak, what else you wanna know?" The guy put on 55 lbs of pure muscle at Texas...He looks mean, he plays meaner...He was a better College Player than Maybin and he did it longer...His play as a FRESHMAN earned him Defensive Freshman of the Year and First-team Freshman All-America by The Sporting News. 6-3-260, a 4.6 40 time...31 Reps at 225, and an almost 40 inch vertical...But with all that, the guy is a tough, tough guy...He's a guy you look at at the end of the day and say, OK...This Kid is tougher than nails...He works out with 100 lbs of chains around his freaking neck!!! There's not much finesse about him...He's a SUPER tough guy playing a super tough guys game...

Cushing and Matthews were not much different...But looking back on it now, and ignoring what they have done in the NFL so far...How in Gods name did the Bills not draft Orakpo in 09? It boggles the mind... B-)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man!!! That made me :lol:

I'm a bit obsessed with The Draft...So that explains why I was thinking about this on my way in to work this AM... 0:)

The NFL is SUCH a tough-guy league...It's a league that often proves too tough for Players who have been playing football their entire lives and dominating most of that time...It's more than a mans league...Outside of the UFC it may be the most physically challenging sport to play when you consider the trenches or the front 7 on Defense for example...

So how in the name of whatever God you believe in do you Draft Aaron Maybin before Brian Orakpo to play DE/OLB in the NFL?...Orakpo said before the Draft..."I'm Brian Orakpo...A Beast, a Monster, a Freak, what else you wanna know?" The guy put on 55 lbs of pure muscle at Texas...He looks mean, he plays meaner...He was a better College Player than Maybin and he did it longer...His play as a FRESHMAN earned him Defensive Freshman of the Year and First-team Freshman All-America by The Sporting News. 6-3-260, a 4.6 40 time...31 Reps at 225, and an almost 40 inch vertical...But with all that, the guy is a tough, tough guy...He's a guy you look at at the end of the day and say, OK...This Kid is tougher than nails...He works out with 100 lbs of chains around his freaking neck!!! There's not much finesse about him...He's a SUPER tough guy playing a super tough guys game...

Cushing and Matthews were not much different...But looking back on it now, and ignoring what they have done in the NFL so far...How in Gods name did the Bills not draft Orakpo in 09? It boggles the mind... B-)

ask Buddy- that was the first key move under his guidance

It is all about the draft. But even more so in a small market that does't have appeall for many players. And the game is all about who controls the line of scrimmage. Passing game or running game it still is all about the line of scrimmage.

we need big men who can do this. Dareus. Yes.

Lynch and McGahee and Spiller not so much. Pick up someone on waivers who can run.

We need more Wood and Dareus. The draft is a double whammy to Buffalo because the draft is imperative. It's much harder to attract key players to fill in holes to Buffalo because it is a nondesirable destination for most free agents.

Edited by eastonbillsfan