Fitz is the only qb I want in Buffalo-lamp

I agree with you Clippers - I'm still a Fitz fan. Watching Losman was painful, much like watching Rob Johnson. The Trent Edwards years were similarly tough to swallow. Yes Fitz has thrown some bad balls, but the difference as I see it is:

1) He has a brain

2) He can scramble and has good pocket presence

3) He knows how to come back in a game

4) He has been hit lately pretty hard but hasn't opted for the check down throw as an escape....he is still looking downfield which to me is a good sign

I think we all know he isn't Hall of Fame material (yet) but for now, QB isn't our biggest concern....just ask Jim Harbaugh if he needed a stud QB to succeed with the 49rs.

1) He has a Brain (Correct. For everything except being a quarterback.)

2) He can scramble and has good pocket presence (20 step drops leading to under/over throws. resulting in 3rd & 19's)

3) He knows to come back in a game (Nonsense. Not long ago, our defense created turnovers. Fitz benefited BIG TIME.)

4) He has been hit lately pretty hard but hasn't opted for the check down blah... blah.... blah... It's nonsense! He throws a wounded duck too high, and gets good recievers killed. OR, he throws an end-over-end ball in double coverage resulting in a deflected interception. This has become personal. Ryan Fitzpatrick has hoodwinked, and defrauded my beloved team for millions and millions of dollars. As far as I'm concerned, he's a living, breathing, walking, SCAM that desperately needs to be shut down. IMO Both Edwards and Fitzpatrick should be ran out of town on the same rail.

5) We should be ACTIVELY seeking a replacement for Chan Gailey as well. He has no control over these players, and they don't seem to be responding to him at all.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they dont pick the best available defense player 1st I'll be dissapointed.

It depends. If we don't fire "Coach" Edwards before the draft than I say, why waste the picks? The D is going to suck anyway. We've drafted D heavy the last 2 years and gotten ZILCHO improvement. If we do fire him, fine, go D. If we don't, go stud WR. Someone like AJ Green or Dez Bryant.

A deep threat without a QB that can deliver it deep is no threat.

You do know that Fitz holds the Buffalo Bills franchise record for the longest TD pass? 98 yards to TO. the ball traveled 60 yards in the air. Fitz can throw deep enough with enough accuracy to be effective. But if the defense knows the guy will probably not catch it or trip over his own feet on the way to it, or Fitz might make a bad pass, then you're right, we have no deep threat at the moment.

Edited by reddogblitz

all fitz has proven over his body of work and prior yrs is hes now a savvy vet.. that is smart and is like having an offensive co-ordinator on field. he is a great #2 an average starter who would be perfect if we drafted a super talented kid that slips, who he can tutor and have the kid sit for a yr or whenever he's ready.. look at rodgers.. went from probably first overall to late 1st and GB snagged him.. We have already won too many games to get luck and barkley and probably jones.. not that i think jones will be great in NFL.. i like keenum.. probably will last till 2-3 rd round and plays in a spread and has started a slew of games ( which nix likes) and doesnt have the pressure of a 1st round QB to produce right away.

It depends. If we don't fire "Coach" Edwards before the draft than I say, why waste the picks? The D is going to suck anyway. We've drafted D heavy the last 2 years and gotten ZILCHO improvement. If we do fire him, fine, go D. If we don't, go stud WR. Someone like AJ Green or Dez Bryant.

You do know that Fitz holds the Buffalo Bills franchise record for the longest TD pass? 98 yards to TO. the ball traveled 60 yards in the air. Fitz can throw deep enough with enough accuracy to be effective. But if the defense knows the guy will probably not catch it or trip over his own feet on the way to it, or Fitz might make a bad pass, then you're right, we have no deep threat at the moment.

I don't know if Fitz is hurt or what, but he can't throw like that anymore. Those days are gone. Admit it people, we franchised a "dud" in Fitzpatrick. We might as well have Jamarcus Russell out there breaking huddles. Same effect. No accuracy. Perpetual three-and-outs with no points on the board. We need a way out of this Fitz situation real bad.

I don't know if Fitz is hurt or what, but he can't throw like that anymore. Those days are gone. Admit it people, we franchised a "dud" in Fitzpatrick. We might as well have Jamarcus Russell out there breaking huddles. Same effect. No accuracy. Perpetual three-and-outs with no points on the board. We need a way out of this Fitz situation real bad.

he never could throw.. when he had evans and T/o they were weapons.. and gets who could get seperation and early this yr no one pressed our WR;s at line.. our WR's arent physical enough and outside of stevie and probably nelson have trouble making catches in traffic.. but no one believes we can beat them down field there once we "exposed" defending our O isnt rocket science.beat up and stop freddy, get a lead and play tight coverage.. in tight coverage fitzy will make enough bad passes to get picked once or twice cuz of his accuracy and the lack of a big play threat who jones never has a valid one, we cant scare anyone.

The gig is up. Chan put Fitz in a position to succeed, but now the opposition has made the necessary adjustments. Chan, and Fitz, cannot counter with a different scheme because Fitz lacks the required physical skill set to make the necessary throws. "Smoke and mirrors" as Chan himself has said, meaning not enuf substance. Bills will draft a QB in round one if someone they like is there when they pick.

I hope you are correct, but I really think this front office hates to admit when they are wrong. They should have drafted a QB last year, but took another cornerback instead, one who apparently doesn't know how to turn around and look for the ball (meanwhile Andy Dalton has the Bungals headed for the playoffs). The league has caught up to Fitz and Gailey in a big way, and with the GM's inability to make logical personnel moves, the future isn't too bright for us lifelong Bills fans. You would think after all these years, it wouldn't bother fans that much and we would get used to it, but it is just the opposite, it sucks more and more every season, and every cheap front office and coaching hire that Ralph makes.

Edited by billsfreak

It's really sad...But I agree 100%! While there is no greater need than pass rush on this Team, why do it if this Defensive Staff is still in place? It's useless...Unless you're going to get a guy like Peppers or Ware who can walk onto the field and dominate, there's going to be a need for development. Edwards and these Defensive Coaches have completely failed in the area of putting a Rookie or young player, in situations they can flourish while hiding their weaknesses...Since Nix has come they have added Troup, Carrington, Moats, Batten, Dareus, Williams, Shep, Searcy, Chris White, and Justin Rogers through the Draft...Not to mention Antonio Coleman and Kellen Heard through Free Agency...Outside of a glimmer every now-and-again from Dareus, Moats, Searcy, and Shep, these youngsters look mostly lost and over-matched week in and week out... That's 9 Prospects in the front 7 alone! And this Team gets little to no push, misses tackles, assignments, etc...They are a HUGE part of a Defense that is mostly a welcome mat to be walked all over by any NFL Offense that does not have half their roster on IR, and/or John Beck at QB...

It's a joke...And I'm NOT saying this Team has Top 5 or even Top 10 talent on Defense...But they sure as heck should have Top 20 with all these young additions...If it's not Edwards and his Staff, lets face the facts, it HAS to be that Buddy Nix is the problem....That's an awful lot of young talent that is doing next to nothing...If it's not Coaching, then what? We better hope it's Coaching...Or more than half of The Bills Defense has got to be turned over...AGAIN! :bag:

It's really sad...But I agree 100%! While there is no greater need than pass rush on this Team, why do it if this Defensive Staff is still in place? It's useless...Unless you're going to get a guy like Peppers or Ware who can walk onto the field and dominate, there's going to be a need for development. Edwards and these Defensive Coaches have completely failed in the area of putting a Rookie or young player, in situations they can flourish while hiding their weaknesses...Since Nix has come they have added Troup, Carrington, Moats, Batten, Dareus, Williams, Shep, Searcy, Chris White, and Justin Rogers through the Draft...Not to mention Antonio Coleman and Kellen Heard through Free Agency...Outside of a glimmer every now-and-again from Dareus, Moats, Searcy, and Shep, these youngsters look mostly lost and over-matched week in and week out... That's 9 Prospects in the front 7 alone! And this Team gets little to no push, misses tackles, assignments, etc...They are a HUGE part of a Defense that is mostly a welcome mat to be walked all over by any NFL Offense that does not have half their roster on IR, and/or John Beck at QB...

It's a joke...And I'm NOT saying this Team has Top 5 or even Top 10 talent on Defense...But they sure as heck should have Top 20 with all these young additions...If it's not Edwards and his Staff, lets face the facts, it HAS to be that Buddy Nix is the problem....That's an awful lot of young talent that is doing next to nothing...If it's not Coaching, then what? We better hope it's Coaching...Or more than half of The Bills Defense has got to be turned over...AGAIN! :bag:

It goes without saying how terrible this defense is and has been, but what really cracks me up is how the offense gets a pass, like it is some highly productive offense. Over the past three games they have scored a grand total of 24 points-8 points a game on average, and either directly or indirectly given the opponent twice that many point with turnovers. 9 turnovers by the offense in the past 3 games, including 7 interceptions-many putting the opponent in the red zone or close to it - one pick six and one blocked punt for a touchdown. 8 points a game isn't going to win you many games, in fact the 1985 Bears would have been 6-10 with their offense only scoring 8 points a game. Take away a garbage late TD against the Jets, where the Jets were playing 30 yards down the field and the game was already over, the total points would have been 16 points, less then a touchdown a game. My point being, everyone is so obsessed with firing Edwards then we will be headed for the Super Bowl, but the offense is just as much of the problem, with even less depth then the defense has (good job Nix).

Let's be completely honest. If Trent Edwards hadn't been born, Fitzpatrick would still be backing someone up.

Same for whoever Tony Romo was backing up. Or Chad Henne (Matt Moore can play, watch out), Lot's very good NFL QBs never got a chance until whoever they were backing up went down or screwed up.

It goes without saying how terrible this defense is and has been, but what really cracks me up is how the offense gets a pass, like it is some highly productive offense. Over the past three games they have scored a grand total of 24 points-8 points a game on average, and either directly or indirectly given the opponent twice that many point with turnovers. 9 turnovers by the offense in the past 3 games, including 7 interceptions-many putting the opponent in the red zone or close to it - one pick six and one blocked punt for a touchdown. 8 points a game isn't going to win you many games, in fact the 1985 Bears would have been 6-10 with their offense only scoring 8 points a game. Take away a garbage late TD against the Jets, where the Jets were playing 30 yards down the field and the game was already over, the total points would have been 16 points, less then a touchdown a game. My point being, everyone is so obsessed with firing Edwards then we will be headed for the Super Bowl, but the offense is just as much of the problem, with even less depth then the defense has (good job Nix).

Can't really argue with that take...The only thing I would say is that no question the Offense has been in a tailspin, but once this Team gets down by 3 TD's early vs. decent Defenses they don't exactly have much of a chance...So they press and suck even more...Still they, and Fitz, have pretty much stunk-it-up too no question...

And I'm definitely not saying we'll be a SB caliber Team by only adding a new DC...My point is he's SO incredibly bad it's easy to figure out what needs to be step #1 in a several step plan...The Offensive improvements need to be at least 50% of that overall plan no question...But please start with Edwards...In fact he should already be gone... B-)