Michael Vick 100 Million Dollar man

Thailog80

They also went from last in the NFL in total defense to the top 10, which I'm sure has nothing to do with their record and everything to do with Michael Vick.  Of course, Mora is known for defense.  :devil:

176114[/snapback]

this wouldn't have anything to do with the offense being able to sustain a drive this year whereas last year the D was on the field practically the enitre game because either Doug Johnson or Kurt Kittner were throwing INT's or going 3 and out.

this wouldn't have anything to do with the offense being able to sustain a drive this year whereas last year the D was on the field practically the enitre game because either Doug Johnson or Kurt Kittner were throwing INT's or going 3 and out.

176205[/snapback]

I'm sure that plays a part in it, as does the improvement on the offensive line, and the weakness of their competition.

I'm sure that plays a part in it, as does the improvement on the offensive line, and the weakness of their competition.

176226[/snapback]

You left off the part about how much the NFC sucks this year.

Vick sells tickets and other stuff, but if the Bills just dished out $100m for him I would be crying in my beer.

I'm sure that factors into it.  I was strictly looking at it from the football side, where he is extremely overrated at this point in his career.

176016[/snapback]

overhyped, not over-rated IMO...kid makes plays..he has the occasional clunker, but these days, all QB's, besides PM, do...ask the Pack about Favre last week, or the Pats about Brady

I'm sure that factors into it.  I was strictly looking at it from the football side, where he is extremely overrated at this point in his career.

176016[/snapback]

At 24, it is easy to overrate a player, but he has more talent than I have ever seen in football. I know that raw talent alone is not enough to win football games, or RJ would be a hall of fame qb, but this guy is just amazing in terms of what he can do.

I think it is a good deal both ways.

At 24, it is easy to overrate a player, but he has more talent than I have ever seen in football. I know that raw talent alone is not enough to win football games, or RJ would be a hall of fame qb, but this guy is just amazing in terms of what he can do.

I think it is a good deal both ways.

176708[/snapback]

I'm not arguing that he's not an amazing athlete. He's certainly that. I just don't think he's a very good quarterback.

I'm not arguing that he's not an amazing athlete.  He's certainly that.  I just don't think he's a very good quarterback.

176777[/snapback]

AD, I do see your point, but I just think he has SO much talent, that he, with a little experience, will be almost impossible to stop.

Btw, I fully expect to see him in the superbowl this season.

My sense of Micheal Vick is that if he stays healthy to me he is clearly one of the best WBs in the league and thus is paid the salary of one of the best QBs in the league in our capitalistic society.

Pay and contribution to winning are far from directly equivalent in this league as QBs are drastically overpaid because of how they are promoted and because this enetertainment vehicle is about creating heros as much as it is about winning (unfortunately from my perspective)

Further this salary is kicked up in our market economy because he is one of the most exciting players to watch play the game (From my standpoint fuggdabout those who want a pocket passer, the TD he scored on a 4th and goal from the 12 was an insane play which few if any other QBs in the league could pull off).

If you think Vick is overpaid as a player I think that you need to complain not about Vick's play but about out capitalistic system.

As far as winning which is what is most important in my mind, i would not pay this amount to Vick because as a guy who runs a lot he is far too likely to be injured. Further, like Peyton Manning, i think ultimately his salary is going to weigh down the team's cap to such an extent they will not be able to buy the balanced team they need to build a winner.