A few reasons why this loss..

canbuffan34

1) I think the character of this team and its coach rivals that of the 1990's teams (they appear to be a band of brothers and truly care for one another) so they won't curl up in the fetal position after a bad loss, I expect they will rebound with a physical win over the cowboys.

2) I believe we have hands down the smartest QB in the entire league, and Fitz will examine every frame of the film from that game and learn what the jets did to him on defense and that it won't happen again!

3) I truly believe that the Bills were in a playoff game and they didn't know it! I mean think about? How would the Bills have a single clue (with our current players) what kind of intensity and level of play is required to succeed at the playoff level, have any of them outside of Barnett ever been in one?

4) I think they started to believe their own press clippings, its human nature to lose your edge when you have everyone telling you how great you are, to ratchet down the energy and intensity and that played right into the jets'

hands.

Look guys, I don't know if this team will make the playoffs or not...but I think them getting slapped in the mouth

midway through the season like they did on Sunday will reveal alot about their pride and character and I'm willing to bet they will rebound

GO BILLS!

your right for the most part

the team can go one of two ways after that b*tch slap from the Jets

1) turn up the intensity from here on out, and learn what it takes to consistently win (over a whole year) and make the playoffs

2) curl up into the aforementioned fetal position and pack it in for the year

your right, these next few weeks will tell us the character make up of the guys in this locker room, that we are building a franchise around...obviously I hope like hell its option 1...

1) turn up the intensity from here on out, and learn what it takes to consistently win (over a whole year) and make the playoffs

your right, these next few weeks will tell us the character make up of the guys in this locker room, that we are building a franchise around...obviously I hope like hell its option 1...

I totally agree with your assessment. The Cowboys game will be the "bell weather" game for the rest of the 2011 season.

Either they beat the Cowboys and put the petal to the metal...or they lose and become just one of a group of about 15 mediocre NFL teams who'll be missing the playoffs this year.

At least we won't have to wait long for the answer of what kind of team the Bills are. For me, the key for the game will be if Gailey let's Fitzpatrick become the focal point of the offense once again and if he does, how Fitzpatrick responds.

I actually see a 1A here: turn up the intensity, learn what it takes to win, but STILL lose to more talented teams. We've got some key pieces in place and there is a LOT to build on but there is still much building to be done. But as long as we come out swinging and leave it all on the field every week, I can live with it. I think that's what we'll see, too.

GO BILLS!!!