Whats a good bar in Toronto to watch the Bills game?

I'll be spending next weekend in Toronto celebrating a good friend of mine's birthday and we will still be over there on Sunday. Its no problem because these guys like football and I know that theres at least one other guy going thats a diehard Bills fan too(and unfortunately one guy is a Cowboys fan) and we made it clear we are watching the game. Now its just a matter of finding a place to catch it, anybody know?

there really are no good bars in toronto, particularly downtown. they're all stylized pubs, with fancy decorations and overpriced beer. two potential exceptions: The Upfront on Front street east of the St. Lawrence Market, and Betty's on King or Queen (can't remember as took a cab there with a friend who likes the place) -- near the Toronto Sun building.

otherwise, you're stuck picking from a buncha Farts and Ferkins, which has grown into a chain that's sucked the life out of any uniqueness in the city.

used to be a great drinking palace up on Bloor, called the "Brunswick House," though last time i passed by in May, the place was closed.

jw

Real Sports Bar is an amazing place and voted best sports bar in the country it has tv's everywhere hot servers and good food and drinks. they do get packed so might be smart to get a reservation for a larger group otherwise just head over there and chill at the bar

its right beside the air canada centre

http://www.realsports.ca/bar

Real Sports Bar is an amazing place and voted best sports bar in the country it has tv's everywhere hot servers and good food and drinks. they do get packed so might be smart to get a reservation for a larger group otherwise just head over there and chill at the bar

Great bar

see, that's the problem with a place that calls itself a "real sports bar" and yet has the gall to have some fancy food on its website, and even a link for "reservations."

in my opinion,

real sports bars don't call themselves that, they just adopt the feel of one.

real sports bars also don't take reservations. they have something called "regulars" who have gone there for years.

real sports bars don't have "Facebook," ads on their websites.

heck, real sports bars don't have websites.

i'm sure it's clean.

jw

Hoops on Yonge St is pretty good - lots of TVs, each booth has a screen and there is a wall-sized composite screen behind the bar.

http://hoopssportsbarandgrill.com/location.asp

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=458+Yonge+Street,+Toronto&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=41.360684,93.076172&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=458+Yonge+St,+Toronto,+Toronto+Division,+Ontario,+Canada&z=16

Edited by cossack

Heading up to Toronto first thing in the morning. Not 100% sure but it sounds like were aiming to checkout "Real Sports Bar". At first it doesn't sound like my kinda place but I checked out the website and I am willing to give it a shot. The thing is I mapquested it and its only 6 minutes away from out hotel so I'm hoping for the best. Even though its not a traditional bar if it is rated that highly there's gotta be something good about it. I'll let you guys know how it went on Monday, everybody enjoy your weekend and most importantly GO BILLS

see, that's the problem with a place that calls itself a "real sports bar" and yet has the gall to have some fancy food on its website, and even a link for "reservations."

in my opinion,

real sports bars don't call themselves that, they just adopt the feel of one.

real sports bars also don't take reservations. they have something called "regulars" who have gone there for years.

real sports bars don't have "Facebook," ads on their websites.

heck, real sports bars don't have websites.

i'm sure it's clean.

jw

JW I picture you smashing your cane on the bar top as you say this. :D

Sounds like you are looking for the old watering hole with one little TV up in the corner behind the bar. I kinda like the new sports bars. I don't feel like I need a shower when I leave. :beer:

JW I picture you smashing your cane on the bar top as you say this. :D

Sounds like you are looking for the old watering hole with one little TV up in the corner behind the bar. I kinda like the new sports bars. I don't feel like I need a shower when I leave. :beer:

what, i can go to a dozen joints in Buffalo and find an actual place that doesn't resemble some applebees or some fancy wine bar. the new sports bars are for the most part dreadful pom-pom palaces of over-priced beer, stale processed-cheesed finger foods and have the atmosphere of a shopping mall.

if that's what you consider to be the cutting edge of today, then that's fine i guess.

i prefer a bar, as opposed to a shiny theme park. but that's just me.

jw