Forget Morehead Island, what about Greensboro?

Doc

Forget one post, make two.

You're in Gboro???? Gboro is awesome, a gem most people never realize. Go to Natty Greens.

Had to post from my phone. No electricity here in the Northeast!

Nope, not there (just yet). Just wanted to know what it offered, especially in comparison to Charlotte and the surrounding areas.

FWIW, it was ranked #16 in "The 30 Brokest Cities in America" as ranked by the Daily Beast. I wouldn't put that much stock into that report, though. I live in Charlotte and don't know enough about Greensboro to make a comparison.

When I flew up to Buffalo this summer I remember reading a big spread in US Airways Magazine on Greensboro. I can't find it in their archives other than a 2 page article about a museum. Here's a video/story about that story by the local TV Station.

Good luck.

Stayin in winston might be better. Closer to the mountains to hit up Blowing Rock and Boone. Maybe go see an App state game, too. Also, Pilot Mtn is neat, the Biltmore estate is a must see outside of Asheville.

Winston may be a little cheaper and more ghetto but in some ways its closer to many things

You might just be better off staying up in the mountains

Stayin in winston might be better. Closer to the mountains to hit up Blowing Rock and Boone. Maybe go see an App state game, too. Also, Pilot Mtn is neat, the Biltmore estate is a must see outside of Asheville.

Winston may be a little cheaper and more ghetto but in some ways its closer to many things

You might just be better off staying up in the mountains

I was asking more for relocation purposes. The wife wants to go somewhere warmer and has targeted NC. I'm looking for surgery center jobs and ones have opened-up for Morehead City (it's been filled) and now Greensboro.

I was asking more for relocation purposes. The wife wants to go somewhere warmer and has targeted NC. I'm looking for surgery center jobs and ones have opened-up for Morehead City (it's been filled) and now Greensboro.

Greensboro is underappreciated. It may not be Raleigh or Charlotte but if it doesn't have it, either is close by.

Greensboro is warm, has beautiful areas and just 15 minutes from down town you can find yourself a quiet peaceful country home.