For all you shooters out there

dib

See any cheap? I couldn't shoot with out reloading.

I've been buying at Big 5 when on sale and got some great deals on bulk ammo at a local annual gun/ammo show.

I'll be buying online now and found a few good sites. luckygunner.com and dirtcheapammo.com

Reloading is the way to go. I'm starting to do research on a good reloader and accessories. I don't like paying the 30-06 prices even when on sale and would rather reload.

Jim, the cheapest 30-06 I found was at the ammo show. Federal 150 and 180 grain for $15 a box. But this deal cones around only once a year unfortunately. It's normally between $20 and $23 here at Big 5 depending on a sale. What do you usually reload and how much does it cost you?

I've been buying at Big 5 when on sale and got some great deals on bulk ammo at a local annual gun/ammo show.

I'll be buying online now and found a few good sites. luckygunner.com and dirtcheapammo.com

Reloading is the way to go. I'm starting to do research on a good reloader and accessories. I don't like paying the 30-06 prices even when on sale and would rather reload.

Jim, the cheapest 30-06 I found was at the ammo show. Federal 150 and 180 grain for $15 a box. But this deal cones around only once a year unfortunately. It's normally between $20 and $23 here at Big 5 depending on a sale. What do you usually reload and how much does it cost you?

Every thing from .218 bee to .375 H&H. Price depends on what you want-hunting ammo or just plinking stuff. Low end for example would be .223 with Hornady 55gr FMJ. Bullet 10 cents, powder 7 cents, primer 3 cents. So 20 cents a shot.

High end would be .300 Weatherby hunting ammo. Bullet [180 Nosler partition] 72 cents, powder 28 cents, primer 3.5 cents. So $1.04 a shot. Of course it's not the type of ammo you would go and blast a 1000 rounds off in a afternoon.

I didn't add brass because it lasts all most forever at low pressure loadings.

Shootable [not premium hunting,but good for deer] 30-06 can be put together for about 50 cents.

Edit-I have 5 30-06s and do not even have to think about it. 57 gr 4350 180 Nosler IS the load. Accurate as could be and as I type this I look at moose and boo racks that tell me how good it is on game.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Every thing from .218 bee to .375 H&H. Price depends on what you want-hunting ammo or just plinking stuff. Low end for example would be .223 with Hornady 55gr FMJ. Bullet 10 cents, powder 7 cents, primer 3 cents. So 20 cents a shot.

High end would be .300 Weatherby hunting ammo. Bullet [180 Nosler partition] 72 cents, powder 28 cents, primer 3.5 cents. So $1.04 a shot. Of course it's not the type of ammo you would go and blast a 1000 rounds off in a afternoon.

I didn't add brass because it lasts all most forever at low pressure loadings.

Shootable [not premium hunting,but good for deer] 30-06 can be put together for about 50 cents.

Thanks for the great info Jim. :) 50 cents a shot sounds so much better than what I'm paying. At this point I just target shoot, but eventually I can see myself giving hunting a try. Thanks again for your insight.

Anyone know what makes this different than any of their other ammo, other than it says zombie on it?

Nothing different, they're just jumping on the Zombie bandwagon. I'm going to get a couple of boxes just to have it.