Offensive line

JohnC

I agree with everything you have stated.

While Nix and Whaley certainly deserve credit for the Urbik and Pears pickups, we have to remember that part of that success is due to our being so high in the waiver wire priority order (I believe it goes in the same order as where you drafted, in our case #3). We likely will not be in that "favorable" a waiver position in future years.

Urbik was claimed off waivers.

Pears and Rinehart were free agents.

One thing about last season, the Bills were bringing multiple players in for workouts on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

They left no stone unturned.

This sounds eerily like the Jauron/Trent Edwards offense. Except our O-line and quarterback are better now. Playcalling is too but successful execution gets back to a better O-line and qb.

I will take the 4-5 yard slants every day, if it gives us 1st downs and move the chains...Something that we were very inept with Lee Evans in the line up. Lee is a very good player, but just did not fit this offense. He will be very good in an offense where the OL gives the QB lots of time to throw or has a very mobile QB who can use his feet and make plays down field. I hope that trade works for both the parties. Also, not having such a towering figure as Lee Evans allows the QB to distribute the passes to all his WRs without worrying to find his primary target all the time.

Most other teams play this style. What teams are taking long shots down the field all the time? Long balls are a low completion percentage route.

Only teams that have mobile QBs who can use their feet to make the plays are throwing the big bombs...Teams like the Eagles, the Steelers and the Falcons.