Jerry Sullivans Article Garbage

Booger

I am glad you like Merriman, and so do I, but personal feelings aside, I have said from the beginning it was a move that was too risky and wasn't worth it at all, much less every penny. The Merriman signing is one sure sign that before this franchise gets to the level of being a consistent competitor, it will need a different GM then Buddy Nix. Him keeping Merriman around was a personal thing, and no other GM in the NFL would have even considered spending the money on him that the Bills did. If they paid him those millions to be a cheerleader, which is what you basically say, just put him in a two piece on the sidelines with the Jills, but he might get hurt doing that also. The Bills need to cut all ties with him now, not later and not rely on a guy that averages about 2 games a season for the past 4 or 5 years, and has been invisible in the few games that he has played. It is more than obvious that his body is no longer cut out for the rigors of the NFL, whether it is as many people say because of the effects of years of steriod use, or he is just injury prone, but the guy hurt himself on the sideline getting ready for the opening game. It would have been nice to see "Lights Out" again, but from the very beginning you had a better chance at winning the lottery.

I completely disagree. Hindsight is 20/20. The achilles injury was thought to be healed, but probably should have had the surgery last year. They were trying to avoid that so that he could play. It didn't work out. To say that it was a bad move is purely a personal opinion. It is not a fact, and certainly not reason to get rid of Nix. Nix has done a good job of rebuilding a roster that was totally devoid of talent a couple of years ago. To do that, you need to take some chances. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't, but this one was totally worth the risk.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, so i see you're done attempting to humor all with your twitter takes to turn your attention to here.

please, enlighten us further. i find it so illuminating.

jw

HAhahahahahahaha John the way you act is very funny to me. I loved Jason La Canfora making you look stupid. I like your articles and read them frequently but the way that you act on this board is stupid. Most times instead of offering your input you just blast people personally. The mods somehow let you get away with posting whole threads attacking people. In this thread you say you have said your opinion but all you did was correct someones grammar? It is probably my fault though as I dont think of you as just another poster here and I guess that I unjustly expect of you to offer your insight as being a Bills reporter and not just to act like the other members of this board.

HAhahahahahahaha John the way you act is very funny to me. I loved Jason La Canfora making you look stupid. I like your articles and read them frequently but the way that you act on this board is stupid. Most times instead of offering your input you just blast people personally. The mods somehow let you get away with posting whole threads attacking people. In this thread you say you have said your opinion but all you did was correct someones grammar? It is probably my fault though as I dont think of you as just another poster here and I guess that I unjustly expect of you to offer your insight as being a Bills reporter and not just to act like the other members of this board.

Don't expect miracles, because you will be waiting until eternity. I wish I had used my writing ability many years ago to write sports columns, because it seems as if there is a dearth of quality sportswriters these days. I do not see the best sportswriters throughout the country choosing to engage in character assassination just because someone disagrees with them, and the same sportswriter is taken aback when others dare to call them out on it. "Blithering idiots", "simplistic morons", and other phrases to shrug off disagreement that are thrown about by supposedly educated people are a poor substitute for actually attacking the argument and not the person.

Edited by BmoreBills