who else besides Luck

fansince88

Exactly, thank you.

would like all those guys but RT will be too irresistible to for Chany to pass on

Tannenhill's a fine QB, and will go high in the draft and do well in the NFL, but QB is not an immediate need fior the Bills, IMHO. (Wow - who would have thought, a year ago, thought any Bills fan would say that?)

There's a plethora of college QBs, year-after-year, in every draft, that are 'too irresistable' to some of us, but I don't think Buddy Nix & Chan Gailey are as easily impressed as most of us. They'll stick with their board and take the best available player that suits the team's immediate needs.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

17 and 2 baby!!!!! B-)

Tannenhill's a fine QB, and will go high in the draft and do well in the NFL, but QB is not an immediate need fior the Bills, IMHO. (Wow - who would have thought, a year ago, thought any Bills fan would say that?)

Agreed. I think if the best player available is a highly ranked QB that has fallen to them, great. I wouldn't go mortgaging the future for one, though; they are in good hands with Fitzy.

Among the reasons I like Moore is that he will not have the kind of pedigree that suggests they have to force him in there, he seems like he could learn a lot from Fitz, but he would come in with something to prove, with plenty of naysayers. Underrated players who work hard and are good leaders fit in in Buffalo. That's not to say you pass on the next Manning, but you take what's there, and I have a feeling the quality choices on the defensive side (Courtney Upshaw, perhaps?) will be too tough to pass up after this year's results.

I don't know how anyone who rooted for Flutie could diss a guy like Moore, who is inches taller and less of a tool. Bills fans could get behind this kid.

Personally, if we're talking QBs, I like Arizona's Nick Foles (6' 5" 240 lbs) with the 4th-round pick we got from the Ravens for Lee Evans - or Oklahoma State's Brandon Weeden, whom I think will last until day 3 mainly because of his age (27).

But I'd much rather see the Bills plug their defense holes before anything else. There'll be another 'irresistible, can't-miss, franchise-QB' next year, and the year after that, and the one after that too. There always is.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Edited by The Senator

Moore is a winner but he is smallish for the position. If we could get him 3rd round or later I think he'd be the guy.

My thoughts exactly, though a late second wouldn't be the worst reach in the world if they think he can be the QB of the future. Based on projections and the wealth of QB prospects in this draft, though (I see Moore ranked 11th among QBs some places) - he could turn out to be a 4th-5th round steal.

Kellen Moore is almost certainly a better QB than Tyler Thigpen (and I don't mind Thigpen as a backup).

Even if Fitz is the guy, it's always a good idea to incrementally improve your QB position when possible.

Also wouldn't mind drafting a developmental prospect with more natural tools than Moore. Like that Baylor QB.

Ryan Tannehill baby, white version of Cam Newton (which Kills me to say cuz I thought Newton would suck). This kid is going to be sitting right there for us and after a few years of development we will have our own version of Bret Favre/ Aaron Rodgers :thumbsup:

No offense but I just to laugh at people who thought Newton would suck. He was arguably the best college football player I have ever seen in the conference most closely associated to the NFL. He is a physical freak with a cannon. One of the knocks I would have against Luck is he plays a pretty weak schedule with a lot of bad defenses.

That said, Tannehill has really grown on me. I also really like Griffin and he plays in the Big 12 (a much tougher conference than the Pac 12).

No offense but I just to laugh at people who thought Newton would suck. He was arguably the best college football player I have ever seen in the conference most closely associated to the NFL. He is a physical freak with a cannon. One of the knocks I would have against Luck is he plays a pretty weak schedule with a lot of bad defenses.

That said, Tannehill has really grown on me. I also really like Griffin and he plays in the Big 12 (a much tougher conference than the Pac 12).

I agree with your assessments of Tannehill and Griffin; I like them both. I also was iffy on Newton, and I still view him a bit cautiously...his team stinks, and some of his stats are meaningless because of this. Plus, he still is scarily self absorbed.

BUT...you really overplay the bits about the conferences and schedules. The SEC has 4 or 5 big swinging Jaurons :devil: . Not all of them are great every year. And the rest of the conference is ordinary. And since it's split in two, most of the time a school winds up with only one or two heavy hitters on their slate. Many SEC schools compensate for their perceived high level of competition by under-scheduling their non-conference games; it is VERY common in that conference to see a school with all-home/all-tomato-can non-conference games. So even in the toughest conference, the schedules aren't all that tough. It was not long ago...might have been Stevie's junior or senior year...that Kentucky won 7 games and went to a bowl game without beating a single decent team.

I think the quality of the SEC is above the others, just because of the sheer number of 800-lb gorillas you are dealing with. But it still isn't that much better than the others. There is pretty much no difference between the Pac and Big 12s. Even though there are more ranked teams in the Big 12, the non-conference garbage games are still carrying too much weight. And even if one conference is better, it really doesn't prove much for an individual player. It could just as well be pointed out that one QB might have better offensive teammates.

People should take schedules into consideration down the road. For now, I just watch the guys and judge how they deal with the moment.

Personally, if we're talking QBs, I like Arizona's Nick Foles (6' 5" 240 lbs) with the 4th-round pick we got from the Ravens for Lee Evans - or Oklahoma State's Brandon Weeden, whom I think will last until day 3 mainly because of his age (27).

But I'd much rather see the Bills plug their defense holes before anything else. There'll be another 'irresistible, can't-miss, franchise-QB' next year, and the year after that, and the one after that too. There always is.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

I like Foles; he's very poised, and he's in a rough spot right now with that team. But the 4th might be high for any team to take him...especially the Bills. Chan likes mobility, and I will be surprised if Foles breaks 5 seconds in the 40 at the combine.

Edited by Red Squirrel

I agree with your assessments of Tannehill and Griffin; I like them both. I also was iffy on Newton, and I still view him a bit cautiously...his team stinks, and some of his stats are meaningless because of this. Plus, he still is scarily self absorbed.

BUT...you really overplay the bits about the conferences and schedules. The SEC has 4 or 5 big swinging Jaurons :devil: . Not all of them are great every year. And the rest of the conference is ordinary. And since it's split in two, most of the time a school winds up with only one or two heavy hitters on their slate. Many SEC schools compensate for their perceived high level of competition by under-scheduling their non-conference games; it is VERY common in that conference to see a school with all-home/all-tomato-can non-conference games. So even in the toughest conference, the schedules aren't all that tough. It was not long ago...might have been Stevie's junior or senior year...that Kentucky won 7 games and went to a bowl game without beating a single decent team.

I think the quality of the SEC is above the others, just because of the sheer number of 800-lb gorillas you are dealing with. But it still isn't that much better than the others. There is pretty much no difference between the Pac and Big 12s. Even though there are more ranked teams in the Big 12, the non-conference garbage games are still carrying too much weight. And even if one conference is better, it really doesn't prove much for an individual player. It could just as well be pointed out that one QB might have better offensive teammates.

People should take schedules into consideration down the road. For now, I just watch the guys and judge how they deal with the moment.

I like Foles; he's very poised, and he's in a rough spot right now with that team. But the 4th might be high for any team to take him...especially the Bills. Chan likes mobility, and I will be surprised if Foles breaks 5 seconds in the 40 at the combine.

Cautionary note that straight line track speed doesn't always = escapability and mobility.

Cautionary note that straight line track speed doesn't always = escapability and mobility.

You'll get no argument from me on this. Doesn't mean being slow won't hurt his draft position, though. A little research leads me to believe that 5 flat won't hurt Foles specifically; he is a big, thick dude. Above 5.2 and it might become an issue. Above 5.0 for a small-to-normal sized guy like Barkley...that's a whole 'nother story.

And more food for thought: many of these guys are going to shrink. The big guys like Foles, Tannehill, and Luck have no reason to lie about how tall they are. Griffin, Barkley, and Keenum...we'll see.