"New" Rolling Stones track

Buftex

Sounds pretty good...from the upcoming "Deluxe" edition of "Some Girls" to be released on 11/21. Always loved when the Stones did the sort of country-ish stuff. Like the "Exile On Main Street" thing they released in 2010, this one is going to have an extra disc of previously unreleased tracks, recorded during the "Some Girls" sessions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkZ2CCVlXuE&feature=related

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone? I know there are some hard-core Stones fans amongst us. I would highly recommend the new double "Some Girls" re-issue...the 12 bonus tracks (at least 10 of them anyways) are fantastic. If they can't make good new records anymore, I will be very content hearing new "old" records.... :thumbsup:

With the Ft Worth 78 Blu-ray and the surprise Brussels 73 download coming out over the past 7 days, the absolutely last thing I want to hear is old man Mick 2011 vocals mixed into late 70's outtakes that I already had.

Ft. Worth 78 is just spectacular, I prefer it to Ladies & Gentlemen, greatest concert video ever!:thumbsup:

With the Ft Worth 78 Blu-ray and the surprise Brussels 73 download coming out over the past 7 days, the absolutely last thing I want to hear is old man Mick 2011 vocals mixed into late 70's outtakes that I already had.

Ft. Worth 78 is just spectacular, I prefer it to Ladies & Gentlemen, greatest concert video ever!:thumbsup:

Have you listened to it? I don't think all the vocals are 2011...there is only 1 song where you can tell the vocals were more recent...I have most of these songs on boots as well, but I think they did a great job...the vocal difference isn't so glaring, like the two tunes on the Exile re-issue, that just do not fit the rest of the stuff. Great to hear lyrics that don't embarrass...

I think it sounds great...picked up the '78 blu-ray, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. That was the first tour I ever saw them on (4th of July at Rich Stadium)...

Edited by Buftex

Have you listened to it? I don't think all the vocals are 2011...there is only 1 song where you can tell the vocals were more recent...I have most of these songs on boots as well, but I think they did a great job...the vocal difference isn't so glaring, like the two tunes on the Exile re-issue, that just do not fit the rest of the stuff.

I think it sounds great...picked up the '78 blu-ray, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. That was the first tour I ever saw them on (4th of July at Rich Stadium)...

I will probably grab the flacs this weekend. I've watched the BD the past 2 nights, & will watch it again over the long weekend, just incredible, my jaw hit the floor many many times.

If you don't have this:

http://www.stonesarchive.com/

you need it. Almost all new Brussels material from the night show. (most of the previously booted material is from the afternoon show). Flacs aren't being sold in the USA (only MP3's), but they are up in the lossless group on USENET.