All the Power Rankings are out

Mile High

"If you want to be gentle, you can say that the Pats had an off night against a team playing out of its mind, and the real Pats will show up once the stakes are raised. If you want to be nasty, you can say that the deficiencies in their secondary were exposed. And if you want to be real nasty, you can say that Charlie Weis' double shift, Notre Dame and Foxborough, had some sort of subterranean influence that not even Bill Belichick's defensive bag of tricks (no linemen, six LBs, etc.) could cover."

The whispers are getting louder...

Can't wait for the media in this town (Boston) to run with it. I've got goosebumps...goose-bumps.

"If you want to be gentle, you can say that the Pats had an off night against a team playing out of its mind, and the real Pats will show up once the stakes are raised. If you want to be nasty, you can say that the deficiencies in their secondary were exposed. And if you want to be real nasty, you can say that Charlie Weis' double shift, Notre Dame and Foxborough, had some sort of subterranean influence that not even Bill Belichick's defensive bag of tricks (no linemen, six LBs, etc.) could cover."

The whispers are getting louder...

Can't wait for the media in this town (Boston) to run with it.  I've got goosebumps...goose-bumps.

173689[/snapback]

The Weis angle is the most stupid of all....Weis does not play the game or

make the throws.....Of course he could have done a better job of play calling

in the 4th qtr to run out the clock....May be BB told him to run up the score on

the dolphins on MNF.

How can Fox say the Pats are still number 1?  They talk like the Steelers are having all kinds of problems, and they say we will not make the playoffs.

Bunch of a-holes.

173866[/snapback]

Because until Pittsburgh can prove they can beat the Pats in the playoffs they should still be ranked behind them. I'm sorry, but the Pats can be afforded a bump in the road loss when they have won 2 of the last three Superbowls. However, if they lose to the Jets then I could see them being pushed down the list.

Because until Pittsburgh can prove they can beat the Pats in the playoffs they should still be ranked behind them. I'm sorry, but the Pats can be afforded a bump in the road loss when they have won 2 of the last three Superbowls. However, if they lose to the Jets then I could see them being pushed down the list.

173913[/snapback]

I'm not saying the Patsies should be dead last, but give me a break. The power rankings are week to week rating, they have nothing to do with last year, or the year before. The Steelers have the better record, and if I remember correctly (I do) they beat the crap out of the Pats this year. The Steelers should definately be ranked in front of the Patsies. This has more to do with the media love affair with bradygayboy than anything else.

All I know is that the Steelers had an opportunity to beat the Patriots this season. They have the best record this year. What else do they need to do in THIS season?

173972[/snapback]

What team would you bet on staight up to win the playoff game? Pats or Steelers?

Pittsburg is led by a rookie and has made a cottage industry of losing playoff games this past decade. The Patriots have won 2 Superbowl in the last 3 years and put together an unreal winning streak this season. The Steelers being one game ahead in the standings and them trounsing the Pats at home means little to me. We trounsed the Pats at home last season and what did that prove? Regular season record is a factor but it should not be the only factor in determining who's better than someone else. The only way I put the Steelers ahead is if the Pats lose to the Jets making it a trend.

I'm not saying the Patsies should be dead last, but give me a break.  The power rankings are week to week rating, they have nothing to do with last year, or the year before.  The Steelers have the better record, and if I remember correctly (I do) they beat the crap out of the Pats this year.  The Steelers should definately be ranked in front of the Patsies.  This has more to do with the media love affair with bradygayboy than anything else.

173991[/snapback]

You don't factor in the fact that the Patriots have won 2 of the last three Superbowls???? Dude, it's the same freaking team as last seasoon plus they have a better running game and recorded the longest winning streak in NFL history dating back to last season. If you think the Steelers are better than the Patriots than all I can say is that you are confused . When it gets to the top 2, you've got to beat the champ in the playoffs or have them fall by the wasteside before I give them top props.

This link should help...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/standings

But, to summarize....

Steelers  record 13 wins, 1 loss

Patsies record 12 wins, 2 losses

The Steelers are the better team, look at their record, and one of the Patsies losses is to the Steelers.

Nuff said.

174116[/snapback]

The Steelers have a loooooong way to go before they are better than the Pats. The Steelers beating the pants off the Pats this season holds about as much weight as did the Steelers beating the pants off the Bills in the early nineties (which happened a lot). Dude, here's a clue for you...regular season games mean diddly. The Pats are the TOP team in the NFL till someone pushes them out for good this season.

What team would you bet on staight up to win the playoff game? Pats or Steelers?

Pittsburg is led by a rookie and has made a cottage industry of losing playoff games this past decade. The Patriots have won 2 Superbowl in the last 3 years and put together an unreal winning streak this season. The Steelers being one game ahead in the standings and them trounsing the Pats at home means little to me. We trounsed the Pats at home last season and what did that prove? Regular season record is a factor but it should not be the only factor in determining who's better than someone else. The only way I put the Steelers ahead is if the Pats lose to the Jets making it a trend.

174026[/snapback]

The fact that the Steelers trounced the Patriots at home and that it was not

a close game does mean something, especially come playoffs....The road to

the superbowl goes through Pittsburgh and the chances of the Pats beating

the steelers in their own backyard is quite hard.