Urbik

Astrobot

Each week, ProfootballFocus grades out each player on each play and comes up with an evaluation. After looking at the 22 Run plays and 37 Pass plays, Kraig Urbik received a 4.1 rating overall, the top pass block rating and the top run block rating.

I want to remind folks that when Urbik became available (claimed off waivers from the Steelers), Nix proudly said he now had the top 3 linemen on their draft board playing for the Bills -- Wood, Levitre, and Urbik:

“To be honest when we drafted Eric Wood and Andy Levitre, the three top interior linemen on the draft board were those two and Urbik. So now we’ve got all three of them,” Nix said. “We just didn’t get him early enough to get him ready quickly, but we’re working on it.” source

Sure enough, those 3 linemen were the top blockers on Sunday.

on the 80 yrd TD run, Urbik pushed that one Giants dude like a shopping cart. He moved him about 12 yards down the LOS. On a few other replays I noticed him crushing dudes too. Our interior 3 are playing great, thats a key to our success IMO.

Yes I remember very well when the Bills claimed Urbik off of waivers just over one year ago.

One of the prevailing sentiments was that because Pittsburgh is such an outstanding organization and that they had given up on him, that it was highly likely that he was simply a bust and a draft mistake (3rd Round, 79th overall in 2009).

Several more informed posters tried to point out that the Steelers had suffered a rash of injuries at LB and needed his roster spot to move a LB(s) up from the practice squad but that didn't really sway the predominant opinion that Urbik was simply another team's bust and that the Bills were dumpster diving.