What is your most memorable bowl game?

Like A Mofo

Since it is bowl season, I thought this would be an interesting thread.

My most memorable bowl ever was the Fiesta Bowl, AKSA the 1986 National Title game, Penn State vs Miami...it was a HUGE Upset, and being a PSU fan and seeing that Nittany Lions team play the game of their lives, was oh so sweet.

Yours?

New Year's Day

New Orleans, Louisiana; the Superdome

Penn State 27 - Georgia 23

Herschel Walker held to just over 100 yards, one of his worst games as a collegian (he truly was one of the absolute best players in college football history!).

Penn State wins the national title!!!!

What made this one special was the fact that I was there to witness it.

The 1979 Cotton Bowl. ND scores 3 TDs in the fourth quarter to shock Houston -- Montana tosses the game tying score with no time on the clock, the PAT wins it. I was pretty young to fully appreciate it though.

The 1992 Sugar "Cheerios" Bowl was also memorable. Heavily favored Florida is manhandled by ND 39-28. Jerome Bettis rumbles for 3 TDs.

• 2 weeks later...
ND getting the shaft against Colorado and losing the National Championship because of it.

194757[/snapback]

Yup, the bogus clipping call, cost the Rocket one of the ten greatest plays in college football history. But it didn't cost ND a title, I think they finished with 3 losses that year. GA Tech would have claimed the Nat'l title in 1990. Miami was third. Colorado goes down as the least deserving champion ever, considering the "fifth down" game v. Missouri. And how much of an idiot was Bill McCartney? One minute to go in the ND game, fourth down at midfield. Do you punt out of bounds and make ND go 90 yards to beat you? Naah, you punt it straight downfield to the most dangerous return guy in a generation and hope the ref saves you. Fuggin moron.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.