Bills Stock Offering

If the NFL would allow every team to sell non voting shares of stock, I think it would benefit every team. Jerry Jones, Daniel Snyder and even Robert Kraft would love for the opportunity to generate millions of more dollars for their teams. It would also give a financial boost to any party interested in owning the Bills. Plus this extra revenue would have to be shared with the small market teams, giving a further boost to the Bills.

What if Ralph left the team to the city of Buffalo and they sold shares of the team. People would go nuts for this. I would be right in line to get my shares. A private individual may not be able to sell shares, but if a city owned the team?

Might be a cool idea. However....for the (I forget)th time: Jim Kelly and a group of investors are buying the team.

I have this on good authority. The "I've known Jim Kelly personally for 20 years"-type authority. The only reason you don't have it on the same authority is that they refuse to make their plan public. They feel it's the smart, and careful thing to do given the circumstances, and especially if your main goal is keeping the team in Buffalo.

That ends what I was told.

It sucks not knowing that this is locked in, but the realities are:

the shady political/union environment in this area/state,

the overabundance of scumbags looking for a handout(i.e. the WNY Turd Mouse habitat is threatened by tailgating and bowling ball shots, and $2 mil for a study is suddenly required),

the often misguided NFL business value system,

dictates this level of prudence. It's simple really: the usual assclowns can't start trouble if they don't know the plan until it's too late.

I wish the Bills would offer public stock like the Packers do - http://espn.go.com/n...re-stock-public I think it would go over very well. http://espn.go.com/n...re-stock-public

Yeah and it would also be nice if Bruce smith came back. Let's talk about things that actually can happen, it's against NFL rules. Plus I'm pretty sure that a year ago senator schumer said he asked the commish about that and it was more or less shot right down.

I love how everyone says "well, its against NFL rules so forget it, it'll never happen"

As a moderately successful entrepreneur, refusing to accept this type of attitude has played a major part in some of the better real estate acquisitions I've made. "Oh the town will NEVER let you do THAT, they already tried" "Its not zoned for that" "The bank will never approve that" Sometimes its true, but sometimes a reasonable compromise and middle ground can be found that benefits both sides.

It's a good idea. A proven one based on the Green Bay model. Good ideas have a way of finding a way back into the world if they were retired for the wrong reasons. And the NFL changes rules all the time.

A group of investors purchasing the Bills (like Jim Kelly's group) is exactly like selling shares of an NFL franchise, simply an accredited investor type of approach, but still a share ownership structure, just not a public offering.

I love the idea, but based on the values I've heard that the Bills would sell for, and the likely return on investment, you'll be better off investing elsewhere and saving your money for season tickets.....

And the superbowl plane tickets of course....

If the NFL would allow every team to sell non voting shares of stock, I think it would benefit every team. Jerry Jones, Daniel Snyder and even Robert Kraft would love for the opportunity to generate millions of more dollars for their teams. It would also give a financial boost to any party interested in owning the Bills. Plus this extra revenue would have to be shared with the small market teams, giving a further boost to the Bills.

Non-voting shares? No thanks, for me. That doesn't prevent what we all want to prevent. If you're only interested in the ROI, sure.

But as numerous other people have mentioned (including you), the NFL no longer allows publicly-held corps to own teams. They're allowed to give franchises to whom they want; their rules.

Edited by Offsides Number 76

Might be a cool idea. However....for the (I forget)th time: Jim Kelly and a group of investors are buying the team.

I have this on good authority. The "I've known Jim Kelly personally for 20 years"-type authority. The only reason you don't have it on the same authority is that they refuse to make their plan public. They feel it's the smart, and careful thing to do given the circumstances, and especially if your main goal is keeping the team in Buffalo.

That ends what I was told.

It sucks not knowing that this is locked in, but the realities are:

the shady political/union environment in this area/state,

the overabundance of scumbags looking for a handout(i.e. the WNY Turd Mouse habitat is threatened by tailgating and bowling ball shots, and $2 mil for a study is suddenly required),

the often misguided NFL business value system,

dictates this level of prudence. It's simple really: the usual assclowns can't start trouble if they don't know the plan until it's too late.

This could be true, but I hope you understand how it comes across...

You have been made privy to this information(Jim Kelly and Co. are definitely buying the team), but somehow it has not been leaked to any media outlet in WNY whether it be the Buffalo News, WGR550, WGRZ, WIVB or WKBW.

:rolleyes:

Edited by LabattBlue