The Losses of the Other 3-1 Teams

I haven't watch all the losses by the other team that are 3-1 but I imagine that most of them are as bad or worse than what we saw from the Bills against the Bengals. The Bills played a lacklustre road game in a half empty stadium, a week after mounting a huge comeback against a team that has pushed them (and the rest of the league)around for 15 straight games, and they lost on a last second field goal. This team has glaring weaknesses, but so do almost ALL the teams in the NFL. I believe they will be fine and stick by my prediction of 10+ wins.

People on this board are overreacting.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I believe the Bills will be fine as well.

Chalk the Bengals ball game up to Mike Zimmer winning the chess match vs Chan / Ryan. There is no lost honor in this. Mike Zimmer is a terrific D coordinator and the Bengals have good players at each Defensive Level. Make no mistake, the Bills should have won but put up an ESPN "CMON MAN".

I actually think the loss will work to Chan's favor in that he is going to kick the pant's off his team this weak in practice. What really won the game here - the Bengals did not Blitz a high % of the time and this is something Fitz is going to have to learn from. Coming this week, the Eagles, who Blitz a lot and cant stop the run. I am feeling the Bills are going to beat the Eagles and move to 4 - 1.

Other 3 - 1 team throw up losses - Baltimore to Tennessee; Tennessee to Jax; San Francisco to Dallas; Washington to Dallas; San Diego to the Pat's in a game San Diego had clearly outplayed the Pat's in.

I believe the Bills will be fine as well.

Chalk the Bengals ball game up to Mike Zimmer winning the chess match vs Chan / Ryan. There is no lost honor in this. Mike Zimmer is a terrific D coordinator and the Bengals have good players at each Defensive Level. Make no mistake, the Bills should have won but put up an ESPN "CMON MAN".

I actually think the loss will work to Chan's favor in that he is going to kick the pant's off his team this weak in practice. What really won the game here - the Bengals did not Blitz a high % of the time and this is something Fitz is going to have to learn from. Coming this week, the Eagles, who Blitz a lot and cant stop the run. I am feeling the Bills are going to beat the Eagles and move to 4 - 1.

Other 3 - 1 team throw up losses - Baltimore to Tennessee; Tennessee to Jax; San Francisco to Dallas; Washington to Dallas; San Diego to the Pat's in a game San Diego had clearly outplayed the Pat's in.

I anticipated that teams would start to concentrate on coverage (as opposed to the pass rush) because Fitz has been so good at dealing with the blitz and audibles. Tighter coverage forces Fitz to be more patient and accurate (which is the weakest part of his game). I think Fitz will learn how to deal with it though.

Its a long season, and there is a lot of chess moves in the course of a season. Cincinnati didn't send extra rusher and dropped more people in coverage, especially against the short routes. The Bills needed to respond by hitting the longer routes, and a combination of inconsistency by Fitz on deep throws, receivers that don't have separation speed, and recievers who didn't make any big catches when needed, led to the demise.

However, the real issue with them is the ability of teams to rack up yards.

Although much blame should be placed on the secondary, I think some kind of pass rush, including this thing they call "a blitz," would help them. When a NFL QB has time, even a rookie, they will eventually find the open guy--and there will always be one open given enough running around time.

One way or another, the Bills have to figure out how to generate a pass rush!

The one lesson we have learned from the first four games, although improved, the front 3 or 4, are not capable of doing it alone. So the scheme has to change. Do something, figure out some way of putting at least a threat on the QB.That will help the secondary, which as we've seen, needs all the help it can get.

I anticipated that teams would start to concentrate on coverage (as opposed to the pass rush) because Fitz has been so good at dealing with the blitz and audibles. Tighter coverage forces Fitz to be more patient and accurate (which is the weakest part of his game). I think Fitz will learn how to deal with it though.

I probably wrong here, but bengals were able to drop 7 or 8 because their front was so dominant. If we are playing a poor front, I think fitz is better

U cnt let an NFL QB stand I'n the pocket all day.