Former NFL player found dead

erynthered

Orlando Brown 40 years old found dead at his Condo.

He's the player that had the eye injury from the Ref's flag...

Sad

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Former-offensive-tackle-Orlando-Brown-found-dead?urn=nfl-wp7788

Wow, how tragic. Not drawing any implications here until the facts are released, but it seems odd how many of these former athletes are found dead in this manner. I remember the official taking a lot of heat for that incident. Brown was a really good tackle as I recall before that incident, but that did long term damage to his eye, from what I remember.

Wow, how tragic. Not drawing any implications here until the facts are released, but it seems odd how many of these former athletes are found dead in this manner. I remember the official taking a lot of heat for that incident. Brown was a really good tackle as I recall before that incident, but that did long term damage to his eye, from what I remember.

Maybe later tonight we'll hear a probable cause of death on ESPN.

I don't recall hearing about the tit for tat lawsuits involving the League. Anybody know if it was ever resolved? -I mean, prior to today..:unsure:

According to yahoo.com:

"Brown filed a $200 million lawsuit against the NFL, claiming that his career was prematurely shortened. He eventually came to a settlement in 2002 that brought him at least $15 million. That settlement was based on the contingency that if he ever came back to the NFL, the league would receive half of his after-tax football income up to $1 million per season."