But.. But.. But.. Corey Dillon didn't play

Thailog80

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So if the Steelers win this Sunday, they have nothing to play for against us and Cowher sits everyone, we win, and make the playoffs!!! :) Of course we still need some help too

Some how I don't see Cowher sitting his team. And the Bills better take the 49'ers serious now. If the Pats can loose, so can we

I really don't see Cowher sitting anybody unless they are already hurt.  Big Ben needs all the reps he can get.

170770[/snapback]

Cowher would be an idiot to play all his starters in the final with nothing on the line. If an injury came about, he would be crucified. Marv sat all our key players back in the day, which no one complained about.

Big Ben isn't the reason the Steelers are winning. It's the running game and the defense.

Cowher would be an idiot to play all his starters in the final with nothing on the line. If an injury came about, he would be crucified. Marv sat all our key players back in the day, which no one complained about.

Big Ben isn't the reason the Steelers are winning. It's the running game and the defense.

170775[/snapback]

Well, I thought I remembered Ditka complaining in 1991, when we rested our players against Detroit....

.......ooops yes he did and they lost. Next excuse please. :)

170767[/snapback]

Yes, they lost. They're 12-2.

Having said that, teams that win Super Bowls don't lose games like the Patriots did last night. I said it last night, and I'll say it again: Even Aaron Brooks was cringing at Brady's awful decision making.

Yes, they lost.  They're 12-2. 

Having said that, teams that win Super Bowls don't lose games like the Patriots did last night.  I said it last night, and I'll say it again:  Even Aaron Brooks was cringing at Brady's awful decision making.

170866[/snapback]

Do you think this has anything to do with Weis, or do you chalk it up on a singular instance where they laid a giant turd on the field?

It seemed to me like a season's worth of cocky passing decisions on Brady's part caught up to him last night...

Do you think this has anything to do with Weis, or do you chalk it up on a singular instance where they laid a giant turd on the field?

It seemed to me like a season's worth of cocky passing decisions on Brady's part caught up to him last night...

170871[/snapback]

I think Brady had PMS. :)

170871[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing...Brady got away with a LOT of stupid passes this year, he just got caught last night. Perhaps it was just going to the well too many times, or maybe it's something deeper that has to do with Weis' departure.

I think Brady had PMS.  :)

170872[/snapback]

No, someone told Brady the guys from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy were in the audience. Needless to say, he got very excited and took his mind off the game.

I really hate to say it, but I did figure the Patsies for another Superbowl this year. Not that they'd win it, but that they would be there. I was shocked last night to see Brady throw that incredibly stupid pass. I sat there dumbfounded after he threw it. (I was just a bit happy too!!)

Ironic how we are clicking and playing real well, and the Patsies couldn't beat Miami. Here is Beantown the reality is setting in that they will not have home field advantage for the playoffs.

Now we have to make sure we don't have a let down next week against the 49ers and go into the Steelers game knowing we can make the playoffs.

Another FESTIVUS miracle!!!

170871[/snapback]

I don't think this loss can be pinned on Weis. The Patriots led 28-17 with 4:10 left - you HAVE to win that game if you're the Patriots... you just have to. Piss-poor execution and horrific decision-making (Brady, Harrison, etc) led to an uncharacteristic loss.

I'm not sure about "cocky" passing decisions you speak of (I imagine you're referring to the pass from his ass last week). Last night, TB made awful decisions, but historically, his decision-making is very good. I think the 'cocky' label comes from your differing perception of him. I wouldn't characterize Brady as cocky - but consider the source.

I'm torn as to what this loss means to New England. As I said earlier in the thread, teams that win Super Bowls don't lose that game... but even Mariano Rivera and Keith Foulke blow one from time to time. The proof will be next Sunday in the Meadowlands to see if the Pats can recover from just a ballcrushing loss. A championship-caliber team will bounce back.

I'm not sure about "cocky" passing decisions you speak of (I imagine you're referring to the pass from his ass last week).  Last night, TB made awful decisions, but historically, his decision-making is very good.  I think the 'cocky' label comes from your differing perception of him.  I wouldn't characterize Brady as cocky - but consider the source.

170892[/snapback]

The "pass from his ass" throw certainly comes to mind, but there have been a number of times where it seemed he was just airing it out, and the receivers happened to catch it. Play-calling goes along with it. I can think of at least one long bomb play when the Pats had it 1st and 10 from inside their 5. That kind of stuff. At least you admit to wearing "Pats-colored" glasses. :)

I don't think this loss can be pinned on Weis.  The Patriots led 28-17 with 4:10 left - you HAVE to win that game if you're the Patriots... you just have to.  Piss-poor execution and horrific decision-making (Brady, Harrison, etc) led to an uncharacteristic loss.

170892[/snapback]

The strange thing is that, until that point, the Pats were playing pretty well, and Miami was on its heels. That first TD pass (the floater) Brady threw was a beauty, I´ll concede that. But then he became Drew Bledsoe.

It must be interesting for the Pats to suffer a QB breakdown much like the ones we have suffered in the past. Luckily our team is so good on D and ST teams now, we don´t need Bledsoe to do anything.

It must be interesting for the Pats to suffer a QB breakdown much like the ones we have suffered in the past. Luckily our team is so good on D and ST teams now, we don´t need Bledsoe to do anything.

170961[/snapback]

Hey, I've been there before with QB breakdowns. Do the names Hugh Millen, Jeff Carlson, Marc Wilson, Tommy Hodson, and Tony Eason mean anything to you? :)

I need to call you out on this one:

Luckily our team is so good on D and ST teams now, we don´t need Bledsoe to do anything.

Whoa, there Nellie. This "team that is so good" is 8-6 and on the outside looking in at the playoffs right now. Let's not get carried away just yet. The QB (among others) will still have to make plays to get in the playoffs.

[/bitterness and bile]

:lol:

170775[/snapback]

I'd think the film of Sam Adams performing "Spinal Manipulations" on McKown last week might convince any team chiropractor to insist on sitting his starter against us ;-)

We started 0-4 thats the reason we are on outside right now. IF we didnt play soft at end of game against JAX thats a W. IF the refs would of got the Henry TD right against Oak thats a W. If we didnt allow Jets to get into last sec FG opp position thats a W. Small breaks that would have us in playoffs right now. We are a team to fear right now period!