That Dareus Pursuit Play

Coach Tuesday

There was a play last Sunday where Dareus sprinted downfield, left his feet, and whalloped a Raiders running back. If anyone has the video of it, please do me a solid and post it so we can see it again. I remember thinking at the time that the play looked a lot like a clip of a great white shark breaching out of the water and attacking a seal. It was violent, terrifying, and pretty awesome. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if this is the play you're thinking of but there was a play early in the third quarter, at the 11:32 mark. It was a screen pass to the left to Reece. Dareus made an unbelievable pursuit play. He was on the other side of the field, playing end, and rushed the passer. He read screen right, to McFadden and even took two steps to the right (his left). Campbell faked the screen right and threw to the other side. Dareus sprinted all the way across the field, tackled Reece for only a two yard gain and drove him into the turf. He didn't leave his feet but it showed incredible speed for a man his size and perfect tackle. It truly was a great, great play by a rookie.

I'm not sure if this is the play you're thinking of but there was a play early in the third quarter, at the 11:32 mark. It was a screen pass to the left to Reece. Dareus made an unbelievable pursuit play. He was on the other side of the field, playing end, and rushed the passer. He read screen right, to McFadden and even took two steps to the right (his left). Campbell faked the screen right and threw to the other side. Dareus sprinted all the way across the field, tackled Reece for only a two yard gain and drove him into the turf. He didn't leave his feet but it showed incredible speed for a man his size and perfect tackle. It truly was a great, great play by a rookie.

My favorite Dareus play so far. I loved that play. I believe my exact words were "Where the eff did he come from ?!?"

There was a play last Sunday where Dareus sprinted downfield, left his feet, and whalloped a Raiders running back. If anyone has the video of it, please do me a solid and post it so we can see it again. I remember thinking at the time that the play looked a lot like a clip of a great white shark breaching out of the water and attacking a seal. It was violent, terrifying, and pretty awesome. Thanks in advance.

The NFL network is replaying the game on Wednesday evening.