OT-Anyone have a Radial Artery aneurysm?

Got a doppler echo test tomorrow to see if it's a cyst/tumor pressing on the artery, or a ballooning of the artery.

Anyone ever have this weird one? Surgery go OK?

12246[/snapback]

Soon as the wife gets home I'll ask her, she's a neurologist but she may know a little about it.

All I know is that the radial artery is in your forearm. If it's an aneurysm, they can tie it off and remove it. Or if it's bigger, they can put a coiled wire in it and the wire causes a clot to form around it and seals it off.

As long as we are talking about health, check your bp regularly.

I felt fine and went to the dentist. They took my bp and found out it was 180/110!

I went to the doctor that day. He gave me medicine and it is down to the normal range. Everything else (cholesterol/liver/thyroid, hdl, etc) was normal.

He told me to lose weight and to go on the Atkins diet I've lost 30 lbs in 10 weeks! Still have about 30 more lbs to go though, but this is the least I have weighed in at least 10 years.

More meat and vodka.  Not so bad.

12514[/snapback]

No on the Vodka.........yes on the Rum! Zero (or close to) carbs in Rum, which is weird seeing it's made from sugar cane.

But take it from the Chef, the Atkins diet is not right. What it shows is the sedentary lifestlye we live. Where else can you eat all the meat and bacon you want, lie on the couch and still lose weight. :unsure:

I don't have bacon, and if you read and follow the diet, the portions suggested are sensible, not "as much as you want."

I work out M-F and hike on the weekends. I was doing that before being on the Atkins diet and wasn't losing any weight.

My freezer was full of frozen dinners before. Now it has a lot of chicken breasts, steaks, pork chops and ground turkey in it.

I don't have bacon, and if you read and follow the diet, the portions suggested are sensible, not "as much as you want."

I work out M-F and hike on the weekends. I was doing that before being on the Atkins diet and wasn't losing any weight.

My freezer was full of frozen dinners before. Now it has a lot of chicken breasts, steaks, pork chops and ground turkey in it.

12632[/snapback]

I'm quite sure people who eat stevestojan like healthy choice would be better off eating the box. I wish people would just go back to eating stevestojan that was actually alive once and stop with all the prepared and convenient stevestojan. Well, that and turn off the electronic babysitter.

All - thanks for the kind words and info. The radial artery traverses the wrist in the thumb area. It's an uncomon occurance - my primary physician hasn't seen one in his 15 years of practice. They can occur naturally (so to speak), but are usually caused by trauma or repetitive, incorrect injections - junkies get 'em.

My Bp is ok (140/100 + one 20mg. Zestril/day = approx. 105/70), and cholesterol is only slightly elevated and going down with dietary changes.

Thanks again.

Not a problem Cincy. Sounds rather harmless. But keep us posted anyway.

As far as my heart thing, I was strapped to a monitor for 24 hours and had about 1200 "episodes" Dr says they are most likely premature ventrical contractions. Sound a lot worse than they are. Can really be harmless but when you feel your heart pound hard once, then not beat for a full second, then a hard beat again is just a bit concerning. :angry: