Bills still not built to beat Pats

To beat the Raiders, the Bills must shut down the run like they did at KC and force Campbell to beat them. I like those odds.

I don't think these Dolphins are built for Florida weather. They were gassed pretty quick last night in the heat and humidity and their player rotation strategy backfired. That, above anything else, allowed Brady to do what he did.

I am very happy with the progress of the Bills, and believe they are much improved, but I THINK they are still lacking in some of the matchups needed to compete with the Pats (I know , BIG surprise).

It's apparent that the way to beat the Pats is by pressuring Brady CONSTANTLY. The Bills are better, and will compete with MOST NFL teams, but they seem to still be lacking a dominate pass rush (Merriman can do it, but he has a history of injuries, and they need TWO serious threats. Think Bennett and Smith, Paup and Smith. Gotta have 2).

It's difficult to evaluate the pass rush so early in the season, because I'm not sure what the game plan was against the Chiefs (they may have just wanted to concentrate on stopping the run), but I don't see them generating the kind of rush needed to get into Brady's head. (Not to live in the past, but if Maybin had been 3/4 the player they had anticipated, they would be sitting pretty).

I think the Bills have a good shot to beat the Pats this year (like 4 in 10 type odds), but not in the playoffs.

I expect the Pats to pick on Aaron Williams, and that he will give up some big plays in an "educational" game for AW. I also expect AW to intercept a Brady pass.

It's nice that the Bills are better, I like the direction of the team, and I'm sure they are aware of what they need to beat the Pats, but they need some key pieces to take on the Pats specifically.

I think the interesting thing from last night is that I can not remember a Pats team they gave up over 400 yards passing in one game. In other words, their defense isn't that great.

Who is built to beat the Pats?

A team with a very strong pass rush and a good offense. Brady is an elite quarterback, but even elite quarterbacks struggle when they don't have time to throw. If their passing game can be disrupted they can be in trouble because their defense is average at best.