Djokovic over Nadal

LeviF

!@#$ yes! I've basically been fellating this guy for three and a half years and now he's had one of the best years in tennis history (64-2, 10 titles, 6-0 against Nadal [suck on that, you pretty-boy piece of ****], not to mention the Davis cup title for Serbia last December).

It feels good to rub this in my Nadal-headed friends' faces.

Woohoo!

LOL, dang man, what's with the anti-Nadal stuff? I've always found him to be a pretty humble guy, even though he probably has plenty of reason not to be. I do agree about Djokovic, though. He's been on the verge for a while, just coming up short at a few key times. But he's really turned the corner and taken hold of the top spot in the game. I thought he was going to regress the other day against Federer, but he pulled it out in great form and was clutch in the latter part of the fifth set. He's got a very solid all-around game and he's a threat to win on any surface. Congrats to the Djoker!

LOL, dang man, what's with the anti-Nadal stuff? I've always found him to be a pretty humble guy, even though he probably has plenty of reason not to be. I do agree about Djokovic, though. He's been on the verge for a while, just coming up short at a few key times. But he's really turned the corner and taken hold of the top spot in the game. I thought he was going to regress the other day against Federer, but he pulled it out in great form and was clutch in the latter part of the fifth set. He's got a very solid all-around game and he's a threat to win on any surface.

:lol: I was a little riled up last night. I was sitting and watching the match in a room full of haters, and that last set really got me going. Nadal is a great player, and is a pretty humble guy, you're right.

Congrats to the Djoker!

I've always been fond of the nickname, "Novak Choke-a-B word," myself :D

The guy is too good. It’s scary. He’s a machine. Nadal is a great player and it’s not like he was giving it away. Djokovic just took him a part with his ridiculous freak shot-making, painting the lines, hitting crazy angles...

He's really worked on his unforced errors...that was killing him in previous tourneys, but he's overcome it like a champ. Also, he's prob the only player who can not only keep up with Nadal in terms of stamina, but probably outlast him. He's the best conditioned player on the tour right now, and that makes him even more dangerous. On top of all that, the guy seems to let his personality come out at times, and he's a pretty entertaining dude...that's one of the things I've always disliked about federer...Fed seems to always be a bit of a girly man, and when he doesn't play well he can tend to whine a bit. I'd respect him more if he would pull a Johnny Mac once in a while and start yelling at the ump or throwing his racquet lol.

:lol: I was a little riled up last night. I was sitting and watching the match in a room full of haters, and that last set really got me going. Nadal is a great player, and is a pretty humble guy, you're right.

I've always been fond of the nickname, "Novak Choke-a-B word," myself :D

A room full of Nadal haters??? Dang!! lol

Levi, in what world is Nadal a "pretty-boy"?

I was pulling for a 5th set but wow, both the Wimbledon and US Open finals were clinics in court movement.

Can't say that I'm a big fan of Djoker, given the givens of his family's vocalizations and his history until this season of being... how do I say it... soft to a degree that Jonas Jennings is an Iron Man in comparison. After the medical stoppage and he still kept rubbing at his back and the third set not going his way, I was thinking "He wouldn't retire in the U.S. Open Final... would he?" Nevertheless, he had an amazing season.

It's great for tennis to have several star players and some younger guys who are breaking in again after a long time of it being the Federer-Rafa Show. If "King Roger" hadn't had several years post-Pete/Andre where he was virtually uncontested, there's no way he wins that many Slams. He's a very good player, but he benefited greatly from being the only very good player at a time when the men's tour hit a snide. A bit of the same deal with Henin with the women.