Playstation offering NFL Sunday Ticket now (or later today)

Peace

Here is the description for how to do it.

This Sunday, PS3 owners without access to DIRECTV will be able to live stream every out-of-market Sunday NFL game on their PS3 with a subscription to NFL SUNDAY TICKET. You’ll be able to enhance your NFL experience with live multi-game scoreboards and field position trackers, which also allow you to access highlights, stats, standings and schedules, as well as the Red Zone Channel, which gives you live coverage of Sunday’s most exciting moments. The subscription for the 2011 season can be purchased directly through the app for $339.95. Existing subscribers can use the PS3 as an additional receiver in their home, as part of their NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go package, which is purchased through DIRECTV.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not entirely correct. you may only get it through your PS3 IF you cannot get the DTV signal. if in fact you can get the DTV signal then you MUST subscribe to one of the DTV packages that offer the NFL ST - that's the fact jack!

No such requirement on the PS3 version. That's the fact jack!

Awesome! I can't wait to give this a try!

Any inclination on whether you would be able to DVR games, off of the Ticket through PS3?

Edited by Buftex

not entirely correct. you may only get it through your PS3 IF you cannot get the DTV signal. if in fact you can get the DTV signal then you MUST subscribe to one of the DTV packages that offer the NFL ST - that's the fact jack!

It is the wording of the release.

They're not actually checking.

Obviously Directv isn't going to say, go ahead any use your awesome FIOS to get Sunday Ticket.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Can PS3 users pause and play like it was on a DVR?

No. Just real live viewing.

Obviously Directv isn't going to say, go ahead any use your awesome FIOS to get Sunday Ticket.

FIOS doesn't offer all the games. Wish they did.

No. Just real live viewing.

FIOS doesn't offer all the games. Wish they did.

Yeah but you're using your FIOS internet connection through your PS3. That's why Directv doesn't just say directly in the release, "Screw Directv service, we just flung the door on Sunday ticket for everyone with a PS3." They worded in a way that made people believe they would do some check to see if you could get Directv or not, which what the post above is referring to.

Actually I think you can pause and rewind.

youtube.com/watch?v=XYzZ-wdcJrg

I didn't catch that on the first watch. Awesome.

Yeah but you're using your FIOS internet connection through your PS3. That's why Directv doesn't just say directly in the release, "Screw Directv service, we just flung the door on Sunday ticket for everyone with a PS3." They worded in a way that made people believe they would do some check to see if you could get Directv or not, which what the post above is referring to.

According to the video, they ask. I can't get DirecTV so I don't need to worry. I'll download it tonight and report back next week on quality. I'm guessing it will suck.

Edited by Peace

So I am on a conference call and couldn't hear the video. My question is can I download this app and watch it on my PS3 with out incurring furter charges if I already have NFLST through DirecTV? Or am I going to have to pay the price for ST and then another $339 to watch it on the PS3?

Thanks,

Dave

You are not correct. The NFL Sunday Ticket is the SOLE property of DTV. I called to get it and that is what they told me - to get the NFL ST on your PS3 you cannot be in an area that gets the DTV signal - otherwise you must subscribe to a DTV package to get the NFL ST according to DTV.

You are not correct. The NFL Sunday Ticket is the SOLE property of DTV. I called to get it and that is what they told me - to get the NFL ST on your PS3 you cannot be in an area that gets the DTV signal - otherwise you must subscribe to a DTV package to get the NFL ST according to DTV.

There must be some confusion internally in DTV then, cause I was told by a DTV rep that the PS3 version did not have the same restrictions as the rest of the Sunday Ticket To Go packages.

Edited by BlueFire

You're getting sold, and listening to sales BS.

They have no way, no ability, or no desire to turn down your $350.

Just go to your PS3 and buy it. There is a question that says, "are you able to get DTV?" just answer No and move on.

There must be some confusion internally in DTV then, cause I was told by a DTV rep that the PS3 version did not have the same restrictions as the rest of the Sunday Ticket To Go packages.

I think your right as well as "Why So Serious" (You're getting sold, and listening to sales BS.

They have no way, no ability, or no desire to turn down your $350.

Just go to your PS3 and buy it. There is a question that says, "are you able to get DTV?" just answer No and move on.)

It almost seems like they are putting forth the company line but are willing to look the other way to get your money. I'll

give it a try and let you know how it comes out.

So I am on a conference call and couldn't hear the video. My question is can I download this app and watch it on my PS3 with out incurring furter charges if I already have NFLST through DirecTV? Or am I going to have to pay the price for ST and then another $339 to watch it on the PS3?

Thanks,

Dave

There is some cheaper way to do this if you have the ticket. Not sure why you'd want to pay to watch a streaming video if you already have it coming to the Dish.

Just go to your PS3 and buy it. There is a question that says, "are you able to get DTV?" just answer No and move on.

Right. At 34 seconds of that video, there's the question. The choices are (paraphrasing) No I can't get DirecTV where I live...download NFL Sunday Ticket now or Yes, I can get DirecTV and will go get Sunday Ticket through DirecTV.

Last year when I got the computer-only login, I had to answer a similar question but it was easy because I've had installers out multiple times and each time, they say they can't install it at my house due to a treeline issue, which is OK by me since I have no interest in losing signal in rainstorms.

Edited by Peace

There is some cheaper way to do this if you have the ticket. Not sure why you'd want to pay to watch a streaming video if you already have it coming to the Dish.

I am on the road a lot so I would take my PS3 with me. If I am reading things correctly I don't think there is a charge for downloading and streaming if you have a subscription already. I know the iphone ipad app was like $10/month. Who knows i'll mess with it when i get home

Right. At 34 seconds of that video, there's the question. The choices are (paraphrasing) No I can't get DirecTV where I live...download NFL Sunday Ticket now or Yes, I can get DirecTV and will go get Sunday Ticket through DirecTV.

Last year when I got the computer-only login, I had to answer a similar question but it was easy because I've had installers out multiple times and each time, they say they can't install it at my house due to a treeline issue, which is OK by me since I have no interest in losing signal in rainstorms.

Wait wait, wait! Hold up!

You're saying you can get the computer only log-in if you're not able to get DTV?????!!!

That's actually what I want, I don't care about the PS3.

I can't get it because my HOA has banned dishes.

Wait wait, wait! Hold up!

You're saying you can get the computer only log-in if you're not able to get DTV?????!!!

That's actually what I want, I don't care about the PS3.

I can't get it because my HOA has banned dishes.

That was possible last year if you were in a no DirecTV signal place, but is not this year except through PS3.