Andy Fantuz - WR

Red_Tory

Ok, so disclaimer right off the bat, generally speaking I don't spend much time reading threads where a fan is suggesting the Bills front office sign a FA, or try and trade for a player.

I am not a scout, don't pretend to have any idea what makes a player a success in the NFL, or how to identify that skill set. But I sure like what I have seen out of WR Andy Fantuz.

Having said that, more than a decade ago I had the same feelings about a blocking full back and special teams guy named Tim Tindale. Watching him play up here at Western he was just about always the absolute best player on any field he took. You may recall he had a solid few years with the Bills. Certainly not a star, but blue collar guy who brought his lunch box to work everyday and gave us Bills fans all he had every Sunday.

I see the Bears released WR Andy Fantuz yesterday. I would just love to see the Bills give this guy a chance. He was an absolute joy to watch for 5 years at the University of Western Ontario, ended his collegiate career owning just about every offensive record in the book. He's a proven winner having won a Vanier Cup here, and a Grey Cup as well. Has 3 or 4 years as a starter in the CFL.

He's the most talented pure football player I have had the pleasure of watching up here. That includes former Super Bowl winner, WR Tyrone Williams.

Just my $0.02 worth from the cheap seats.

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by Red_Tory

While speaking in complete ignorance of the player that Fantuz is, the Bills have a lot of competent NFL caliber bodies at WR. Bringing in another at this stage won't help much.

Yeah, I mean I can't disagree with you, that's obviously correct. We did let Lee Evans go for basically nothing.

I suppose this is just a desperate cry for help on my part. In 3rd Q of the Bills-Lions game here on the NFL Network. It's too early for scotch, so need to talk this out.

Just recall from my standpoint how fun it was to be able to root for the local kid when Tindale would be called upon to lead block for Thurman. Sam Gash was the main FB at the time. Just reminiscing about how it was 'back in the day'. Loved those type of players.

Think what I need is a support group for Bills fans suffering emotional trauma.

Chris

He's the most talented pure football player I have had the pleasure of watching up here. That includes former Super Bowl winner, WR Tyrone Williams.

Who?? :unsure:

Just recall from my standpoint how fun it was to be able to root for the local kid when Tindale would be called upon to lead block for Thurman. Sam Gash was the main FB at the time.

I don't think Sam Gash and Tindale ever played for the Bills at the same time, did they?

He's 28 years old... that's ancient in NFL rookie years. He can't be that good if he's not caught on by now and the Bears cut him...

and he's no Doug Flutie either.. just in case someone tried to bring that up :P

New York Knights Asst Coach to the Manager after Roy Hobbs arrives: "Can I speak to you for a moment?"

Pop Fisher, Knights Manager: "We don't need any middle aged rookies on this team".

Asst Coach: "well, we sure need something".

-The Natural

I mean we could sign Andre Reed in his prime and this is still a 3-13 team this year.

Anyway, im going back to bed to nurse this hangover.

Cheers,

Chris

New York Knights Asst Coach to the Manager after Roy Hobbs arrives: "Can I speak to you for a moment?"

Pop Fisher, Knights Manager: "We don't need any middle aged rookies on this team".

Asst Coach: "well, we sure need something".

-The Natural

I mean we could sign Andre Reed in his prime and this is still a 3-13 team this year.

Anyway, im going back to bed to nurse this hangover.

Cheers,

Chris

Go back to drinking scotch