The 'end' of Rob Johnson

BillsFanM.D.

You'll have to explain to the young'uns how Fred Taylor and Rob Johnson are connected. Then you'll have to explain the Flutie/Johnson battle. Then you'll have to explain the Flutie benching and loss of job in a meaningless regular season finale. Then you'll have to explain "Homerun Throwback."

Nah, it's better left unsaid. Yeah, Taylor's retirement ends it alright.

I don't get it.

We traded a 1st and a 4th to acquire Rob Johnson from Jacksonville.

-the 1st turned out to be Fred Taylor. We could have picked him up near the end of Thurman's career had we not traded the pick. Taylor is now a marginal hall of fame candidate. Very steady productive career. Nearly 12k rushing yards.

-Rob Johnson turned out to be Rob Johnson.

Nah, it's better left unsaid. Yeah, Taylor's retirement ends it alright.

Sorry. I had already started typing....

-the 1st turned out to be Fred Taylor. We could have picked him up near the end of Thurman's career had we not traded the pick. Taylor is now a marginal hall of fame candidate. Very steady productive career. Nearly 12k rushing yards.

Sorry. I had already started typing....

You started this. Doesnt RJ have a Super Bowl ring?

The Bills were not going to draft Taylor.

The pick would have been Eagles' tackle Tre Thomas.

You started this. Doesnt RJ have a Super Bowl ring?

So "his" career was a success then? I think the 25 million he got from the Bills is probably more important to him that that ring.

The Bills were not going to draft Taylor.

The pick would have been Eagles' tackle Tre Thomas.

sounds good to me. Was just going on who Jax picked. I took the old revisionist history, 'what could have been' approach. Point being, we acquired nothing for what turned out to be a pretty good running back.