What is the end-all, ironclad playoff scenario?

envirojeff

If i have read everything correctly, I think the ONLY team we hold the tiebreaker over is NYJ, and that's because, as divisional teams, the tiebreaker is different.

Right, but you see, its a big circle....

In my above scenario (Jax, Jest, Bills all finish 10-6)

Jax has tiebreaker over Bills

Bills have tiebreaker over Jest

Jest has tiebreaker over Jax

No easy answer.

No easy answer.

169056[/snapback]

Ties are broken w/i the division first, and then between divisions. If Buffalo and Jets both finish 10-6, then we finish 2nd in Division and Jets 3rd. The Jets don't get to use their inter-division tiebreaker unless and until we get into the dance first. That's how it works...CD

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1.Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

2.Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

So if I'm reading this right, if Jax, Jest & Bills all finish 10-6 Bills & Jest go, Buffalo as the #5, and Jax goes home, even tho they beat us, because the division tiebreaker is applied before all others??? Wow.

Yes there is. Don't look past this week.

Bills win, Jets loss, Jax loss, Broncos loss and Bmore loss is what we need.

Only worry about that for now. Keep it simple!!!

169059[/snapback]

Jets lose to NE? done

Jax lose to Houston? perhaps

Denver lose to Tenn? perhaps

Baltimore lose to Pitts? perhaps.

People, for the spor we're in, this could be ALOT worse...

keep everything crossed...

No easy answer.

169056[/snapback]

So in your scenario, Jax would be #5 seed, Buffalo #6, and Jets out. If Buffalo finished 9-7, and everything else in your scenario remained constant, Jets would be #5 seed, and Jax #6.

So in your scenario, Jax would be #5 seed, Buffalo #6, and Jets out. If Buffalo finished 9-7, and everything else in your scenario remained constant, Jets would be #5 seed, and Jax #6.

169073[/snapback]

I know that this is a stupid question, but is there ANY scenario that Buffalo gets in with 9-7?

Jeff

I know that this is a stupid question, but is there ANY scenario that Buffalo gets in with 9-7?

Jeff

169334[/snapback]

Baltimore, Jax and Denver would all have to lose both their remaining games for the Bills to get in at 9-7. Jets already have 10 wins, so they would beat us, of course...CD