Something to think about.

Nick

Week 1 is not going to be a pretty game, I dont see the Chiefs or the Bills running away with it and playing lights out. That being said one or the other will get off to a sloppy 1-0 start, lets try something different and be optimistic and say the bills get this one ugly. So 1-0

Week 2 Im sorry im just not afraid of what Jason C. brings to the table as a QB, If we can prevent the big runs we put them in 3rd and longs. I see this as W as should most of you, So 2-0

Week 3 Ok so here is the debate we are off to a shaky 2-0 if there is such a thing. IF and A MASSIVE IF we somehow pull a miracle win late or in OT against the pats and get off to a 3-0 start do yall think that gives them the confidence this team needs to go 9-7 or 10-6????

I hate the Lee evans trade I really do, and I was always a fan of POZ but lets not forget that POZ was part of that 32nd rush defense last year. I dont see where the D is going to be that bad they got bigger on the D line and better in my opinion at the LB position.

The Offense is not going to take a massive step back just cuz they lost Evans, yea we didnt get a second for him or an LT but he is not Moss so to think we could have got more then a 3rd is insane. Lets face it for the routes that Chan likes he just didnt fit and it was obvious last year. Take the Baltimore game away and how many TDs did he have???. Look at the steelers game and tell me lee can take the big hit.

So way optimistic on that start to the season I know but lets say we start 2-1 I just dont see where 8-8 is out of the question just cuz we lost two players.

Remember they finished 4-4 last year so why is everyone saying 5-11 6-10?? in my opinion (optimistic of course) 8-8 should not be out of the question. Mabye ive just been out of western NY to long lol.

In contrast to many here, I think the second half of our schedule is tougher than the 1st. This said, I just don't think we'll wash out because of it (serious injuries notwithstanding..). I believe we'll become Spoilers down the stretch, knocking a couple teams out of their playoff aspirations.

Isn't that what a young team in year 2 of a new regime is supposed to do?

Agreed, mabye if we get off to some kind of quick start and sneak away with a few wins mabye not just spoilers. Sorry optimism again. We all know that the future isnt the most stable for the Bills in Buffalo so why not enjoy what we have ill take false hope every year over no hope anyday.

Winning a few games here or there doesn't make a difference as this team won't make the playoffs. A QB prospect like Andrwew Luck comes around about once every 5-10 years. The Bills should just tank the season and secure the #1 overall pick. It would be a huge lift to the franchise. Knowing this will give comfort to each loss as the season progresses.

Week 1 is not going to be a pretty game, I dont see the Chiefs or the Bills running away with it and playing lights out. That being said one or the other will get off to a sloppy 1-0 start, lets try something different and be optimistic and say the bills get this one ugly. So 1-0

Week 2 Im sorry im just not afraid of what Jason C. brings to the table as a QB, If we can prevent the big runs we put them in 3rd and longs. I see this as W as should most of you, So 2-0

Week 3 Ok so here is the debate we are off to a shaky 2-0 if there is such a thing. IF and A MASSIVE IF we somehow pull a miracle win late or in OT against the pats and get off to a 3-0 start do yall think that gives them the confidence this team needs to go 9-7 or 10-6????

I hate the Lee evans trade I really do, and I was always a fan of POZ but lets not forget that POZ was part of that 32nd rush defense last year. I dont see where the D is going to be that bad they got bigger on the D line and better in my opinion at the LB position.

The Offense is not going to take a massive step back just cuz they lost Evans, yea we didnt get a second for him or an LT but he is not Moss so to think we could have got more then a 3rd is insane. Lets face it for the routes that Chan likes he just didnt fit and it was obvious last year. Take the Baltimore game away and how many TDs did he have???. Look at the steelers game and tell me lee can take the big hit.

So way optimistic on that start to the season I know but lets say we start 2-1 I just dont see where 8-8 is out of the question just cuz we lost two players.

Remember they finished 4-4 last year so why is everyone saying 5-11 6-10?? in my opinion (optimistic of course) 8-8 should not be out of the question. Mabye ive just been out of western NY to long lol.

I was with you until the New England game. I just don't think we are that good yet. Other than that, I don't see any reason why this team can't go 8-8 or even 9-7.

Yea I agree about the NE game it is way out there thats why I said miracle lol. It would take a game like the Steelers game that doesnt end with a drop lol.

And im sorry I just dont agree with tanking a season does not make any sense for the progression of the team. One or team always comes back out of the dark after a bad season so why cant it be the bills???

Any win gives a team confidence, but beating the patriots.....that's something different. Beating the pats gives the team confidence to say hey we are playoff contenders too....

If we beat the Pats, that will give the team a HUGE confidence boost. Something this team really needs, esp. if they are 2-0 at that point and everyone is saying how those two wins were against easy opponnents.

I think you're pretty spot on with that assumption. I actually think we are going to give the Pats a tough time defensively, our line is definitely going to get to brady a couple of times and that should make for him getting all flustered and bitchy. I'm glad you brought that topic up!