I know I have posted this Pearl Jam song before.....

The Poojer

with unintelligible lyrics that change from performance to performance, although I'm uncertain how anyone actually knows they change when they can't understand them in the 1st place.

They change from show to show because he's drinking the entire way through and they always play it last.

You've got the shows mixed up a bit. They opened with Wash at a Mansfield show. Crown of Thorns was played at the arena. It was definitely the highlight of that show for me though too... and strangely enough, that was also my 5th PJ show.

Oh, and I think it's kind of funny that the song that won over Pooj is now 20 years old.

Great call, you're exactly right. At the arena, they opened with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLQAvI9ICaQ

Is anyone going to PJ20 this weekend? I had a place to stay all lined up, but had to pass. It would have been a great way to spend the birthday though. They pretty much have to pull out all the stops for these shows.

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone going to PJ20 this weekend? I had a place to stay all lined up, but had to pass. It would have been a great way to spend the birthday though. They pretty much have to pull out all the stops for these shows.

A little late to this thread. Shrader, I live in Milwaukee so I went to the 1st day show of PJ20 in Alpine Valley. Really good show, but the setlist was a little more obscure. Overall I was happy, but my wife left a little disappointed. It was our 3rd PJ show. Chris Cornell came out at the end and did like 5 songs on vocals. Also, we saw Dennis Rodman in the crowd.

A little late to this thread. Shrader, I live in Milwaukee so I went to the 1st day show of PJ20 in Alpine Valley. Really good show, but the setlist was a little more obscure. Overall I was happy, but my wife left a little disappointed. It was our 3rd PJ show. Chris Cornell came out at the end and did like 5 songs on vocals. Also, we saw Dennis Rodman in the crowd.

A friend (originally from Milwaukee) was there. He absolutely loved it, especially the short block of Temple of the Dog stuff.

I went to this show and it was amazing. I liked PJ but loved them after the show. Was never a big U2 fan either but came away with respect for them. All around great show. Aloha stadium was literally moving at some points. Such a great night.

As far as I know they only did this the one time, so this is the best version I could find of it:

It was a pretty big deal out there when he did it, paying respect to IZ, and especially in Hawaiian. Very cool sound to it.