San Diego 2002 = Bills 2011

Sanners

I disagree, in one of Nix's first statements he said " we are not that far away"

What he didn't realize is that the HC he hired went out and hired mostly college assistants to coach the team, and in doing so elongated the process of building a winner right away.

Are you implying that Gailey's coaching staff is mostly comprised of coaches without NFL experience? Or are you saying that hiring coaches with NFL experience that are currently coaching in college is wrong? You make it sound like Gailey just plucked a bunch of college coaches and gave them their first NFL opportunity. That's just not the case.

GO BILLS!!!

Brees really struggled early in his career, leading SD to draft Rivers 4th overall. Seems like a large investment into a QB if no one though he sucked.

Actually, in the 4th draft of the rebuild, San Diego had the #1 Overall pick, and chose Manning who they later traded to NYG at #4.

The reason I point this out is that, when Butler/Smith/Nix took over in San Diego, they had the #1 overall pick. 3 seasons later, they were still bad enough to have the #1 overall pick. But because they were patient, and built the core of the team through drafting, they were then able to become a successful, TALENTED team. It can be argued that the Bills lack many top-talent players. This is why I tell people to just be patient through this rebuild. I know people think it's "year 15 of the rebuild" but in reality we are just 20 months in.

Drew Brees:

2002: 3200 yds 17 td 16 int

2003: 2100 yds 11 td 15 int (11 games)

2004: 3100 yds 27 td 7 int

2005: 3500 yds 24 td 15 int

Brees wasnt all the great in his first two years as a started. In fact, he was pretty mediocre. Basically what I'm trying to say is we dont need a drew brees right now to improve our team. The quarterback piece may come later

Agreed, and if you want to correlate to the Chargers, Fitz is that serviceable QB that will hold the fort until we are in a position to draft our true franchise QB. Just like Brees did until they picked Rivers.

I obviously think/know that Brees is far superior to Fitz, but not really while he was in SD.