new kickoff rules suck!

Am I the only person who almost stopped watching football after Kevin Everett's injury? I can't be the only one was deeply impacted by that injury, which happened on a kickoff.

Watched that with my sister at a bar in Chicago (not Lincoln Station--the other one, the one that's a pretend biker bar most of the time--Delilah's or something?). As soon as it happened, I gave her a hug because we both were disturbed about the hit, and told her to finish her drink because we had plenty of time to go to Lincoln Station before resumption of play. Neither of us wanted to see the replay, much less watch the carting-off, etc. It was completely effed up, and we knew instantly that the kid was DONE. I'm happy he can walk. No, you're not the only one.

Edited by Offsides Number 76

Kickoffs mean extra commercial breaks so they aren't going to want to do away with them entirely. Also you need to the option to onside kick.

They view punts as safe enough, so maybe they could punt it off from the 40 or something.

Would anyone notice if they just put in an extra commercial in place of the kickoff?