Web Hosting Question?

Stl Bills

I opened my business back in February and things couldn't be going better except for the fact that my the company that does my web hosting sucks. In general I usually do a lot of research before making any type of purchase of an item or a service but I guess I was just so busy getting everything off the ground that when I saw an add and read one good review for Ipower web hosting I just signed up. Their servers go down all the time and sometimes I won't be able to access my email for hours, costing me hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars in business (not to mention it makes me look bad when I'm not responding to my customers in a timely matter because I have no idea they are emailing me). Of course, when you call support all you get is a call center in India where all they do is thank you for your patience but offer no solution to the problem. The more research I do the more confused I seem to get. A ton of these web hosting companies also run sites that supposedly are impartial blogs and review sites and of course all they do is offer glowing reviews of their services to get you in the door. Does anyone use a good and RELIABLE web-hosting company that they would recommend? Thanks in advance

I don't post here often, but I use Hostgator and my servers are up 99.9% of the time. I use dedicated hosting accounts with them, and have no complaints. Additionally, their tech support staff is domestic and top notch.

I don't post here often, but I use Hostgator and my servers are up 99.9% of the time. I use dedicated hosting accounts with them, and have no complaints. Additionally, their tech support staff is domestic and top notch.

Thanks jd! Hostgator and FusedNetwork were the two I was considering switching to.

STL, can you administer your own web server? If so, consider a VPS like Rackspace Cloud servers. You won't need a huge box and it'll be reliable.

I've heard good things about hostgator too if you don't want to go the administration route.

I opened my business back in February and things couldn't be going better except for the fact that my the company that does my web hosting sucks. In general I usually do a lot of research before making any type of purchase of an item or a service but I guess I was just so busy getting everything off the ground that when I saw an add and read one good review for Ipower web hosting I just signed up. Their servers go down all the time and sometimes I won't be able to access my email for hours, costing me hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars in business (not to mention it makes me look bad when I'm not responding to my customers in a timely matter because I have no idea they are emailing me). Of course, when you call support all you get is a call center in India where all they do is thank you for your patience but offer no solution to the problem. The more research I do the more confused I seem to get. A ton of these web hosting companies also run sites that supposedly are impartial blogs and review sites and of course all they do is offer glowing reviews of their services to get you in the door. Does anyone use a good and RELIABLE web-hosting company that they would recommend? Thanks in advance

How's the e-blumpkin business?

STL, can you administer your own web server? If so, consider a VPS like Rackspace Cloud servers. You won't need a huge box and it'll be reliable.

I've heard good things about hostgator too if you don't want to go the administration route.

I thought about going that route and probably will eventually but right now its just not necessary since it's only me and my business partner. After doing some research I think we are switching over to Fusednetwork.com. They've got great reviews and when you call you can actually talk the CEO as apposed to having Najeeb in India read you lines off his response card.

Depending on what you're looking for, Bluehost and GoDaddy both have a good reputation for web hosting and an easy CPanel with access to all your DNS controls. Rackspace is also a great company to use.

If you're looking for a total web site solution, give the company I work for a look PhotoBiz.com, we do Flash and HTML website templates and also an HTML5 Store.

Side Note, just to reinforce what you mentioned, IPower sucks. The fact that you have to submit a ticket to their support team to create a simple A-record is one of many, many bad things I could go on about when it comes to them.