Building through the draft

LGB

Although I'm sure that after a couple weeks of training camp and one preseason game you can already determine that hairston is a bust because he isn't starting yet

How have you not been hired by the bills to evaluate talent yet, you could save them tons of cash if you can already prove after 1 year, that Wang and Calloway cannot play in the NFL

Do you honestly think you've correctly interpreted my post (which was pretty clear)?

problem with building through the draft is you only get a certain amount of picks each year so you need to hit on just about every one of them especially your top picks

we all know the bills are not going to spend big in free agency but holes can filled there with second level players but the Bills refuse to go that route for the most part

At this point, they have to hit on the majority of their picks to raise this Titanic. One here and a couple there may never really turn it around as the guys that can play will grow weary of treading water and leave as free agents, by holding out, or otherwise asking for trades. If the number of holes created continues to keep pace or exceed the number of NFL caliber players brought in and developed, there is no traction and the Bills continue to spin their wheels.

Although I'm sure that after a couple weeks of training camp and one preseason game you can already determine that hairston is a bust because he isn't starting yet

How have you not been hired by the bills to evaluate talent yet, you could save them tons of cash if you can already prove after 1 year, that Wang and Calloway cannot play in the NFL

I don't think it takes any particular football savvy to know that Calloway at least can't play in the NFL. He was an early cut in training camp last year, was not offered a spot on the practice squad, and (to my knowledge) has not been signed by another NFL team. I don't know what more you need than that. As for Wang, yes he's still on an NFL roster, but would you be willing to bet that he makes any NFL team's opening day roster in 2012? That's not a rhetorical question, by the way. I'm legitimately curious. There's a chance Wang develops into a real NFL player, but he's not on pace to do so. I agree with the previous poster that Wang won't ever be able to play (well) in the NFL, but I wonder if there are any Wang supporters out there. Besides jockey shorts, I mean. (Sorry couldn't resist)

Things have got to be on the upswing now as miss-fired #1 Bills picks have been fired from the team.

There are only four first-rounders left on the team (the more recent draft picks by the Bills):

Leodis McKelvin (2008), Eric Wood (2009), C.J. Spiller (2010) and Marcell Dareus (2011)

9 of Buffalo's last 13 first-rounders selected are now no longer with the team:

Nate Clements, Mike Williams, Willis McGahee, Lee Evans, J.P. Losman, Donte Whitner, John McCargo, Marshawn Lynch and Aaron Maybin.

Sure, some damage has been done, but the bleeding should come to an end (less some salary cap hits) and the Bills should now be moving onward and upward.

Go Bills!

ok and how many of those were picked under tom donahoe reign? I THINK all of them,,thank god hes gone.

ok and how many of those were picked under tom donahoe reign? I THINK all of them,,thank god hes gone.

Donahoe was gone after the 2005 season.

Nate Clements, Willis McGahee, Lee Evans and Marshawn Lynch could play. Donte Whitner, John McCargo, Marshawn Lynch and Aaron Maybin are all the result of the Levy/Jauron regime.

At this point, they have to hit on the majority of their picks to raise this Titanic. One here and a couple there may never really turn it around as the guys that can play will grow weary of treading water and leave as free agents, by holding out, or otherwise asking for trades. If the number of holes created continues to keep pace or exceed the number of NFL caliber players brought in and developed, there is no traction and the Bills continue to spin their wheels.

Agreed...Unless they win the Luck sweepstakes or get a true Star QB...That's the great equalizer... B-)