The Fast And The Dareus

I know there has been a million posts about the D line in the last 24 hours. But I want to ask where people feel "The Fast And The Dareus" will be the most successful. His talent is so versatile that he can play a few positions. So should he be playing the 1 technique and the 3 (when we're in the 4-3) or the 5 in the 3-4? Or should we move him around from play to play. I can't wait to see some more preseason with him but it was definitely exciting to see him make an immediate presence!!!! From what I saw he might be able to return kicks too!!! J/K But I know it's preseason but to not be excited would be a dishonor as a Bills fan.

The great thing about our entire DL and the majority of the front 7 is that the parts are very interchangable.

Dareus could play at DT or DE in both a 3/4 and a 4/3

Williams can play DE and DT in a 3/4 and DT in 4/3

Carrington can play DE in 3/4 or 4/3 or even get some time in at OLB if needed

Merriman can play OLB in 3/4 or DE in 4/3

Kelsey(even though he sucks) can play OLB ine 3/4 or DE in either 3/4 or 4/3

then you've got Troupe, Johnson, Coleman, Batten, White that can all be switched around between 3/4 and 4/3 in similar fashion. Moats and Batten can play every LB spot and I'd expect them to be able to hold thief own at 4/3 DE in a pinch or confusion defensive front. Starting in a 4/3 with thier hands on the ground, then dropping back into coverage while the other OLB blitzes.

We have a lot of different looks. The line looked good last night and I expect a full turnaround from last season.

I'll say it again, I think Heard gets the last spot on the line and looks as good as we all wanted Jasper to look like. At least for a rookie.

The great thing about our entire DL and the majority of the front 7 is that the parts are very interchangable.

Dareus could play at DT or DE in both a 3/4 and a 4/3

Williams can play DE and DT in a 3/4 and DT in 4/3

Carrington can play DE in 3/4 or 4/3 or even get some time in at OLB if needed

Merriman can play OLB in 3/4 or DE in 4/3

Kelsey(even though he sucks) can play OLB ine 3/4 or DE in either 3/4 or 4/3

then you've got Troupe, Johnson, Coleman, Batten, White that can all be switched around between 3/4 and 4/3 in similar fashion. Moats and Batten can play every LB spot and I'd expect them to be able to hold thief own at 4/3 DE in a pinch or confusion defensive front. Starting in a 4/3 with thier hands on the ground, then dropping back into coverage while the other OLB blitzes.

We have a lot of different looks. The line looked good last night and I expect a full turnaround from last season.

I'll say it again, I think Heard gets the last spot on the line and looks as good as we all wanted Jasper to look like. At least for a rookie.

The makings of a very good front seven ...Heard looked good in spots but I want to see Jasper in Week Four to be fair to him.