In the past 5 years, have we re-signed...

Virgil

I get a kick out of the way so many of the cheerleader fanboys here repeating the cliche..."you build through the draft" any time anyone is critical of the Bills personel decision making...it seems that is supposed to the "smart thing" to do...only thing is, the Bills draft poorly, and only re-sign, for the most part, their worst draft picks...and then sign "low risk-low reward" free agents...that is what we like, I guess...the recipe for a decade of futility.

Well said, and now most importantly, what exactly are you going to do about? Post more?

Outside of McGee and Kelsay, which don't get me started on that one, have re-signed a single player worth anything or even had a guy pan out enough to be worth re-signing? This is partially in response to Evans as people talk about building for the future, even though he didn't cost us anything and we just signed Barnett who was just as old almost.

But seriously, I want to believe that we will re-sign Woods, Levitre, Dareus when the time comes, but what reason do we have to believe we will. With the way we went after Clabo, or didn't IMO, I'm officially on the "we won't win until Ralph isn't the owner" bandwagon.

There is only one thing that gives me hope. Why would Nix have come here as our GM if his hands were going to be tied like this? I can only hope that it's because this is how he truly believes the plan should go.

Who else would hire a 70 year old rookie GM????

Your right signing and trading for high profile players such as drew bledsoe, takeo spikes, london fletcher, and T.O is how you win.

You make a very good point. The majority of the Bills wins this decade came because we signed those first three guys. Maybe we should sign some more good FAs and try to win some more games

I like the text under your avatar, hell of a show!

And the "build through the draft" thing makes little sense to me. As I saw someone say in another thread, what does that mean exactly? That we weren't putting every effort into drafting successfully before, but now we are?

I think it means we are going to completely ignore the other 50% of building a team, which is Free Agency.