Playoff Picture

Ball'n

I think your wrong.........if you seen Peyton tonight you know he aint going down like that........the guy wants to win.....

168238[/snapback]

If he throws 2 or more TD's against San Diego next week and the Colts win (which seems like the most probable scenario), then why would Dungy even play him against Denver? Perhaps it might snow and the Colts will be in protect mode all night in terms of risking injury versus making that extra effort.

I'm guessing he throws 3 next week, sets the mark at an even 50, and takes week 17 off. It's bad for the Bills, but the Colts couldn't care less about the Bills.

If he throws 2 or more TD's against San Diego next week and the Colts win (which seems like the most probable scenario), then why would Dungy even play him against Denver? Perhaps it might snow and the Colts will be in protect mode all night in terms of risking injury versus making that extra effort.

I'm guessing he throws 3 next week, sets the mark at an even 50, and takes week 17 off. It's bad for the Bills, but the Colts couldn't care less about the Bills.

168245[/snapback]

even then with a back up LOL they would win

u see how plummer plays? LOL bad as RJ at times

Oakland's defense gave up almost 500 yds passing to Billy Volek.    Fred Taylor will shred them like Iran Contra documents.   

Your best shot lies with the Houston Texans.

168080[/snapback]

The Buffalo-Oakland game was under 30 points. You never know what the tenor of a game will be. Besides which, why does the Raiders' allowance of high passing yards to Volek mean big rushing yards for Taylor? Your logic doesn't add up. We've yet to see a lights-out passing game from Leftwich. I think both games will be interesting and I'm desperately hoping the Raiders or Texans can pull it out.

I do think you're right that the best shot is with the Texans, though. Carr and Johnson are both special players.

I can't get it out of my head.  4th down, Nate Clements goes for the interception (personal glory!) instead of knocking the ball down.  4th down, Izell Reese just stares at the ball going into the Jag's WRs hands as time runs out.  The mistakes in the very first game of the year -- we would have been ahead by 1 game over Denver and Baltimore (Jags wouldn't even be in this thing) and sitting pretty comfortably right now.

But if we do make the playoffs, my head will be all clear again .. .

168216[/snapback]

Dude, relax. You keep reliving this stuff in your head and it will drive you nuts (turning you into a true Bills fan). :devil:

With that game we were cooking with a rookie head coach who was sorting his sh-- out. You knew that was a distinct possibility when the Bills hired him. He's learned QUICKLY on the job and has put on a coach of the year performance (though I think he still has MUCH to learn).

The secondary had a horrendous first game, sans Milloy, and they've gotten better and better each week AND gotten the wise vets back. You can't blame that one all on the D, either. Holding Jax to 13 points should have been enough considering the points we are putting up now.

Regardless, we are looking at playoff possibilities with nothing to lose considering our dreadful start. I am just so excited that we're in it every week. I really thought we were left for dead at 1-5 and that Bledsoe was finished, and we were screwed because Losman wasn't back for another 4 weeks.

I will leave it to the team to be disappointed if they don't make it to the playoffs (and with this bunch they definitely will take it hard if it doesn't happen). I am excited about the present and the future. Just enjoy the ride.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
The way Denver is playing they will lose to Tenn anyway...

167883[/snapback]

The way Tennessee is playing, San Francisco could beat them handily.

Bills Win out..End Season 10-6 (Beat SF and Pitt) 

3 of 4 things have to happen...

Jax lose 1 out of 2 (Houston, @Oakland)

Bal lose 1 out of 2 (@Pitt, Miami)

Denver lose 1 out of 2 (@Tenn, Indy)

Jets lose 2 out of 2(New England, @St. Louis)

Bold=lose      Underline=can lose      Itlaics=will win

If 3 of these things happen we get the #6 playoff spot.    If all 4 of these things happen we will get the #5 spot.

-Jets need to lose 2. One is against NE so we have the tiebreaker. This way we will have an equal head to head record and and we will both 3 - 3 divisional records. We will have the better common opponents record. Buffalo's is 10 - 4 while the Jets cant match that no matter what since they beat a team that we do not play while we lost to both teams the Jets do not play. This is now looked at before Conference Record if the team you are competing against is in you division.

-Jax has the tie-breaker over us because they beat us. If they lose 1 game they will have 7 losses.

-Bal has the tie-breaker over us because they beat us. If they lose 1 game they will have 7 losses.

-Denver has the tie-breaker over us because of Conference Record. If they go 10 -6 they will have a 7 - 5 Conference Record while we will have a 6 - 6 Conference Record. That is why they must lose 1 game so that they have 7 losses.

WILL HAPPEN:

-Bal and Denver lose a game or more each.

CAN VERY POSSIBLY HAPPEN:

-Jets lose to St. Louis. Jets will be away.

-Jax lose 1 or more game. Oakland and Houston are both playing good football.

DONT GIVE UP HOPE. IF 1 OF THE VERY POSSIBLY THINGS HAPPEN WE ARE IN.(WIN OUT TO)

167862[/snapback]

thnx for the weather...I BILLIEVE!