Dominic Cook

I'm rooting for the guy and was sad when he got hurt.

I saw this blogpost on BillDaily:

The team released CB Donovon Cook. He was waived/injured after hurting his knee. His rights will revert back to the Bills when he clears waivers and will go on injured reserve.

Is this correct? I've mostly just seen short sentences that he was waived? If he's IR does that mean he couldn't go to practice squad? Since he's eligible for the practice squad and is only out for 4-6 weeks it makes more sense to me that he's waived completely to allow him to be signed to the PS later...

Anybody got any more info?

Edited by Mark Long Beach

His name is Domonic Cook. As an IR he can't go on the PS. He isn't that badly hurt, but like Marcus Easley, they can't wait around for him. The good news is, assuming he isn't claimed on waivers, he will remain a Bill and be back in camp in 2012.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'm rooting for the guy and was sad when he got hurt.

I saw this blogpost on BillDaily:

Is this correct? I've mostly just seen short sentences that he was waived? If he's IR does that mean he couldn't go to practice squad? Since he's eligible for the practice squad and is only out for 4-6 weeks it makes more sense to me that he's waived completely to allow him to be signed to the PS later...

Anybody got any more info?

I believe that it is part of the CBA - you cannot formally cut an injured player. He's put on waivers, if he clears he has to go on IR. If he heals early, then he can reach an injury settlement with the team and be free to sign with another club.

His name is Domonic Cook. As an IR he can't go on the PS. He isn't that badly hurt, but like Marcus Easley, they can't wait around for him. The good news is, assuming he isn't claimed on waivers, he will remain a Bill and be back in camp in 2012.

PTR

eek. I cut and pasted out of their article and didn't catch the name SNAFU.

I think we both agree that if he's on IR he can't go to the PS. Wouldn't the PS be better for him? Is he really headed to IR or is it another screw-up in this blog post?

I believe that it is part of the CBA - you cannot formally cut an injured player. He's put on waivers, if he clears he has to go on IR. If he heals early, then he can reach an injury settlement with the team and be free to sign with another club.

Ah. Typed faster than I read. Thank you that makes more sense.