Call me ICE, but if we make the playoffs

Rayzer32

DB was horrible today. Yeah we won, but he looked crappy. Underthrowing, making WM jump for a 6 yd lateral that hyperextended his knee and throwing low on alot of passes.

IF, we make the playoffs (I am not getting ahead of myself) we will get killed on offense. Everyone will be gunning for DB, knowing he is our weakness. Teams cannot control our D and ST, but they can concentrate on DB and stuff our offense, like Cincy did by concentrating on out running game today.

Cincy has the 5th worst run D in the league and they killed every running play we threw at them, even though most of them were sweeps to the right side and they figured that out early. They did what it took to shut down our O and other teams know how to also.

DB was horrible today.  Yeah we won, but he looked crappy.  Underthrowing, making WM jump for a 6 yd lateral that hyperextended his knee and throwing low on alot of passes. 

IF, we make the playoffs (I am not getting ahead of myself) we will get killed on offense.  Everyone will be gunning for DB, knowing he is our weakness.  Teams cannot control our D and ST, but they can concentrate on DB and stuff our offense, like Cincy did by concentrating on out running game today. 

Cincy has the 5th worst run D in the league and they killed every running play we threw at them, even though most of them were sweeps to the right side and they figured that out early.  They did what it took to shut down our O and other teams know how to also.

Like I said in another thread, think 2001 Patriots. As long as the TEAM plays well, you can have your QB throw more INT's than TD's and win 8 straight. However the O-line sucked today, as evidenced by the pathetic YPC average, and the Bills won't beat a playoff team like that.

...as long as the Bills GET THERE, I don't care if it's BDDB, Losman or whoever. Just GET THERE. BDDB's not Manning, or Brady, or McNabb, but the Bills are still winning. He's not losing games of late, and the coaches have put together game plans in recent weeks that minimize risk on Bledsoe's part.

Just MAKING the dance would be one bodacious feat on the Bills' part. After wandering three years in the desert via Gregg-O of Arabia, it would be nice to drink from a playoff cup.

We should all be happy with the win. A win is a win no  matter if it is pretty or ugly.

All that matters is what is in the win column 8 & 6 BABY.

167399[/snapback]

I'll take a W any way we can get it, but I do not think our D and ST can carry us through the playoffs, just like I wouldn't want to have to rely on DBs arm to win games.

Can't have everything I guess. :)

DB was horrible today.  Yeah we won, but he looked crappy.  Underthrowing, making WM jump for a 6 yd lateral that hyperextended his knee and throwing low on alot of passes. 

IF, we make the playoffs (I am not getting ahead of myself) we will get killed on offense.  Everyone will be gunning for DB, knowing he is our weakness.  Teams cannot control our D and ST, but they can concentrate on DB and stuff our offense, like Cincy did by concentrating on out running game today. 

Cincy has the 5th worst run D in the league and they killed every running play we threw at them, even though most of them were sweeps to the right side and they figured that out early.  They did what it took to shut down our O and other teams know how to also.

167377[/snapback]

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

167377[/snapback]

How well did Kitna play?

Willis fumbled again. Will you sh-- on him like you did Travis? :)

Have you noticed that the only QB's who win SB are the immobile ones? Last time I checked, a Randall Cunningham type guy totally blows in postseason.

We have a good enough D to win us games in January.

You;re name isn't ice.it's DICK.

167451[/snapback]

We here at TBD pride ourselves in whitty, smart, and humorous insults. Please re-read what you wrote and understand how it meets none of thse criteria..

I actually agree that this thread was bad, but your comeback was absolutly awful. If my 5 year old son came back with that, I wouldn't yell at him for saying "dick", I'd be pissed that that's the best he came up with...

in other words... weak.

Just because we're winning doesn't mean we don't need upgrades at certain positions. QB is arguably one of those positions. DB is so-so, but I think we could do better.

That being said -- yes, I would hate to face this team right now :)

Drew didnt have a great game but he didnt need to. The game plays out the way the situations and circumstances of the game play out. The bomb to Evans was a great pass that had a huge effect on the game. That one great pass could have been a difference maker. Drew is a far different QB with TC and MM and SW at the controls. he doesn't try to win the game, and doesn't have to. This is a team game, and with no running game whatsoever, we put up 33 points, which could have been or should have been 50. It ONLY becomes a problem when we lose. In this game, a tough game, on the road, we weren't even in danger of losing it didn't seem. This is a good team and Drew is part of it, a big part of it.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

You know whats gonna happen, well I'll tell ya anyway.

The Bills are gonna win out and go 10-6 and they will become the first 10 win team not to make the play-offs. at least I can't ever recall a 10-win team not getting in. I really believe they will win out but they are gonna get f***ed. Typical Buffalo sports.

What has Buffalo won this year? Nothing.

Will they make the playoffs? Probably not.

Is Drew Bledsoe the QB who will lead the Bills to a Super Bowl? Highly unlikely.

How many wins do the Bills have against winning teams likely to make the playoffs? One (NYJets)

Curb your enthusiasm and focus on the facts.

That said, there has been some significant improvements in some areas like special teams.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

They are gonna win 10 games this year so you can cut it any way you like. There are not many 10 win teams in the NFL.