what happened on last FG

spidey

One minute I see it good from what looked like 50 yards and since game is in hand I aint payin alot of attention.  nex thing I see us trying to execute a fake punt.  What happened what did I miss

167363[/snapback]

Since Lindell made a 45+ yd FG....

By NFL rule the Refs have to take it back and make the Bills go for it or try the FG again...

Apparantly we called a timeout before the snap...  :doh:

Not sure why they did the fake FG though; punt it if you don't want to kick again!

CW

167416[/snapback]

Guess I should ALWAYS TiVo the game :) . FOrce once Lindell hits a long one and someone on our side didnt call timeout early enough! Amazin but the fake was done great by Moorman but he needs to wait till Lindell kicks it and gets past him to level a block.

One minute I see it good from what looked like 50 yards and since game is in hand I aint payin alot of attention.  nex thing I see us trying to execute a fake punt.  What happened what did I miss

167363[/snapback]

I think someone on the sidelines called t.o. :)

We should've punted after. No need for trickery there.

I think someone on the sidelines called t.o.    :)

We should've punted after.  No need for trickery there.

167486[/snapback]

Why not I like how this coaching staff still is trying stuff. Nothing like a real game situation to test it out and than look at the films to see how to make it better. Take the flea flicker today much better executed than earlier since Willis turned quickly and flipped it back.

I don't know if this opinion has any merit but I thought that the coaching staff was helping with Lindell's confidence for later. he made the kick from 49 yards. We didn't need the points. If he tries it again and misses he is back to where he was, good on the short ones but shaky on the long ones. This way, we don't look like we are running up the score, and we got the confidence in Lindell that would have gone with the 3 on the board. I thought it was a small, shrewd move.

Why not I like how this coaching staff still is trying stuff. Nothing like a real game situation to test it out and than look at the films to see how to make it better.

One way to make it better is to scrap the pre-snap motion. If you're going to concede the element of surprise so cavalierly, you might as well just run the play with the unit that is designed to pick up yards.

Cya

I don't know if this opinion has any merit but I thought that the coaching staff was helping with Lindell's confidence for later. he made the kick from 49 yards. We didn't need the points. If he tries it again and misses he is back to where he was, good on the short ones but shaky on the long ones. This way, we don't look like we are running up the score, and we got the confidence in Lindell that would have gone with the 3 on the board. I thought it was a small, shrewd move.

167973[/snapback]

i agree with this , really a good thought.....

167973[/snapback]

I was thinking something very similar. Wouldn't have if this wasn't the second time something like this has happened.

Also gives the new LS another snap. Something was out of synch today...the kicks were going everywhere (fortunately in, but still everywhere...).