Anyone hear AVP during the broadcast

Rayzer32

When TKO picked off the pass and had open field ahead of him, AVP yelled OH YEAH!!! as deep and loud as I have ever heard him speak. He drowned out the Murph with that scream. He is such a supporter of this team, and that is so cool seeing how he really never got a chance to lead this team. Now he is the teams biggest cheerleader IMO. He has picked them to win every week and has never gone against them. He is a true Buffalo Bill at heart, just like Kelly, and always will be.

Nice job AVP, you are the man.

There are no bigger homers than the Chicago radio announcers. That goes for football and basketball.

Particularly with football, they have 2 color guys and they both are yelling the whole broadcast. At least, that's how it was a few years ago when I still lived there.

It's OK to be a Homer when you are the HOME TEAM ANNOUNCER...

Tasker is a different story. He is a national sportscaster... he knows he can't sound like a homer, so he ends up sounding like a Bills basher..

I mean, AVP is similar to Van... "Fandamonium!"

:)

I don't get the Tasker haters out there.

I d/l that Browns game and Criqui and Tasker sounded just like the other CBS announcers. I detected no "homerisms" in his commentating.

But then again, I'm not an expert critic like some of you guys are.

:doh:

I don't get the Tasker haters out there. 

I d/l that Browns game and Criqui and Tasker sounded just like the other CBS announcers.  I detected no "homerisms" in his commentating.

But then again, I'm not an expert critic like some of you guys are. 

:doh:

167515[/snapback]

Because he was doing a Cleveland game and not Buffalo.

Ya want to hear a radio color man who'll drive you nuts? The announcer from Pittsburgh sounds like Gilbert Godfreid on crack, only more annoying! On Jan 2, I'll be 30 miles north of P-burgh having Christmas with my traitor son-who thinks big ben is the new messiah. I intend to dress the beloved grandchild in Bills Blue and teach him the shout song- lets hear it for family harmony!

Ya know AVP calls the game exactly like I do when I am sat on the couch, huddled up with my headphones listening to the broadcast. He goes thru the same emotions as I do - and it's great. I'll miss him when he leaves as the color guy (which he will next season) - it's like having another fan in the living room with you - and that is important when yoiu are 3000+ miles away.

AVP is such a class guy - I'd love to sit down and drink a beer with him and talk x's and o's. The man was aroun d Buffalo for so long he'll have some great stories to tell...

I kind of thought that Solomon Wilcox sounded like a homer for a while with Cincinnati yesterday. In regards to that phantom push in the back that nearly got "Fasst Freddie" decapitated, he kept saying it was clearly a block in the back when all Baker did was wave at the guy. He also made a few other comments that showed his homerism during the game since he is a former Bengal. Honestly, he sounded no different than Tasker though. He was trying to be as objective as he could be. Honestly, that team doing the game yesterday was awful but IMO, CBS's coverage of football is a complete joke. The announcers suck, every one of them. Their pregame, halftime and postgame coverage is terrible. I wish NBC would have sacked up and made a decent offer to get football back where it belongs and away from the official Tennis station CBS.